The conference welcomes diverse contributions offering empirical, theoretical and historical perspectives. The 11th conference in the series will be organised by the Department of Archives, Library and Information Science at Oslo Metropolitan University, and will take place on-site in Oslo from 29 May – 1 June, 2022.
Call for papers
We invite doctoral students to a Doctoral forum held in connection to the main conference CoLIS 11. The Doctoral Forum will take place on May 29, 2022, at the Department of archivistics, library and information science, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway. More information on location, cost, submissions, important dates and more.
- Deadline, Full and Short Papers: January 10, 2022
- Deadline, Posters: January 10, 2022
- Deadline, Panels: January 10, 2022
- Deadline, Workshops: January 10, 2022
- Registration starts in February 2022
- Notification of acceptance: February 25, 2022
- Deadline, Final Papers: April 30, 2022
- Deadline, Doctoral forum: March 31, 2022
- Notification of acceptance, Doctoral forum: April 15, 2022
- Early Bird Registration: March 2022
- Doctoral forum: May 29, 2022
- Conference: May 30 – June 1, 2022
- Marcia J. Bates: Fragments of a Paradigm for Information Studies
- Ian Ruthven: Information Sculpting: shaping information solutions
- Jack Andersen: Let's talk about information science
Online registration for CoLIS 11 is now open (see link further up).
- Ordinary fee NOK 4.200 after April 1st
- Early bird until 31th of March NOK 3.500
- PhD fee: NOK 2.100
Registration fees are in NOK and payable by credit card at the time of registration. Registration fees include all lunches and coffee breaks, welcome reception at Oslo City hall, poster reception, and conference dinner.
The doctoral forum takes place Sunday May 29. Registration for the conference opens Monday May 30 at 8 am. The conference programme begins Monday May 30 at 9 am. The conference closes on Wednesday June 1st at 4 pm. More detailed conference programme will follow in late April.
The CoLIS 11 conference, including the doctoral forum, will be held at the OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, campus Pilestredet 46.
- The Scandic Holberg hotel is located just around the corner from the conference venue.
- Smarthotel is located at St.Olavs plass, 600 meters from the conference venue.
- Coch’s guesthouse is located in Parkveien, 350 meters from the conference venue.
- Radisson Hotel Blu Scandinavian Hotel is located i Holbergsgate, 450 meters from the conference venue.
As of 12 February 2022 there are no requirements for testing, quarantine or registration upon arrival in Norway. The Norwegian institute of public health (FHI) has the latest information on the corona virus in Norway (fhi.no).
Organisers and contact information
Workshop and panel chairs
- Pamela McKenzie, The University of Western Ontario
- Marija Dalbello, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Doctoral forum chairs
Technical support chair
International advisory board