This conference focuses on questions and approaches in the arena of integrated transport-land use planning with digital tools and smart data for achieving sustainable cities and communities.
World renowned scholars
Conference speakers are world renown scholars and upcoming researchers in the fields of urban planning and transportation, economy, geography, architecture, mathematics, sociology, or computer science:
Peter Nijkamp, Michael Batty, Itzhak Benenson, Jaewon Lim, Nicos Komninos, Beniamino Murgante, Michael Mehaffy, Valerio Cutini, Nikos Salingaros, Akkelies van Nes, Wendy Tan, Chiara Garau, Karima Kourtit, Marina Toger and Umut Türk.
Further with public and private stakeholders we will discuss pressuring topics related to climate change and the built environment.
We really would like to make you and your ideas part of this conference through exchange of ideas during the podium discussions.
Wednesday, 8th December 2021
- 09:00-09:15 Gathering and coffee
- 09:15-09:30 Welcome and greeting by John Östh and Claudia Yamu, “Back to the Future”
- 09:30-09:45 Welcome by official from Norway
- 09:45-10:00 Official OsloMet welcome
- 10:00-10:45 Peter Nijkamp, 'City Love and Place Quality'
- 10:45-11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00-11:45 Michael Batty, ’Digital Twins’
- 11:45-12:30 Nicos Komninos, ‘Smart Ecosystems in the Universe of Intelligence’
- 12:30-14:30 Break
- 14:30-15:15 Wendy Tan, ‘Transport Poverty and Inequality’
- Closure and what’s next
Thursday, 9th December 2021
- 08:45-09:15 Gathering and coffee
- 09:15-09:30 Welcome note by Head of Department Dr. Hallgrim Hjelmbrekke and project manager Marit Sandvik
- 09:30-10:15 Jaewon Lim, "Smart Technology" for "Not So Smart" People in Urban Society
- 10:15-11:00 Itzhak Benenson, ‘The Near Future of Urban Transport’
- 11:00-11:45 Beniamino Murgante, ‘Modeling Post-Covid Cities’
- 11:45-14:00 Break
- 14:00-14:45 Karima Kourtit, 'Place-Specific Corona Dashboards for Healthy Policies'
- 14:45-15:15 Podium discussion
- 15:15-15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30-16:15 Chiara Garau, ‘Smart(er) Urban Governance in the Smart’ Era’
- 16:15-16:30 Closure and what’s next
Friday, 10th December 2021
- 08:45-09:00 Gathering and coffee
- 09:00-09:15 Juliana Pitanguy, Springer’s ‘The Urban Book Series’
- 09:15-10:00 Michael Mehaffy, ‘Public Space in the New Urban Agenda’
- 10:00-10:45 Marina Toger, 'The Pulse of Urban Life – Daily Mobility and Cellphone Data'
- 10:45-11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00-11:45 Valerio Cutini, ‘The Weak Ties that Bind a City’
- 11:45-12:30 Akkelies van Nes, ‘Measuring Permeability of Foreground and Background Street Networks’
- 12:30-14:00 Break
- 14:00-14:45 Umut Türk, ‘Socio-economic Response to COVID 19 in Cities’
- 14:45-15:30 Nikos Salingaros, ‘Rules for Urban Space: Design Patterns Create the Human Scale’'
- 15:30-15:45 Closing of the conference: Claudia Yamu and John Östh
Register to attend
Please register to attend this free conference in urbanism (invitations-app.oiiku.com) and participate from ½ day to all 3 days, either online (link will be provided after registration), or physically in our conference room Pilestredet 35, conference room PH131.
The conference is organized by and held at Oslo Metropolitan University, Department of Civil Engineering and Energy Technology. Conference organizers are Professor John Östh and Professor Claudia Yamu.