OsloMet is committed to following the guidelines issued by the Norwegian authorities related to COVID–19 at all times.
- Detailed information for current students (student.oslomet.no)
- Detailed information for employees (ansatt.oslomet.no)
International students considering OsloMet
OsloMet has decided that the university will be open for new international students from all parts of the world in the autumn semester 2021. However, national entry restrictions and other requirements outside OsloMet's control may entail that you will still not be able to come to Norway as planned.
You can read more about the autumn 2021 semester on our student website (student.oslomet.no).
International applicants to open positions at OsloMet
In spite of the ongoing pandemic, we continue to advertise and recruit PhD candidates, early- and mid-career researchers from outside of Norway.
The COVID-19 situation resulted in strict entry restrictions to Norway. This unfortunately has had an impact on our onboarding of international PhD’s and other staff members.
There are frequent changes to the regulations so we recommend you to follow information posted by The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (udi.no) on updates if you are allowed to enter Norway. We hope that borders will be open again soon, enabling you to start your new job at OsloMet.
The OsloMet campuses are currently closed and employees are required to work from home. As campus is closed, starting your new job from your home country while waiting for entry to Norway may in some cases be possible, subject to agreement with your supervisor.
As soon as the borders open for international travelers, the following rules will apply:
- Travelers arriving from a country or region for which there is a requirement to self-quarantine, including Norwegian citizens, must fill in a travel registration form before arriving in the country.
- A negative Covid-19 test is required to enter Norway, in addition to an arrival test.
- The period of mandatory self-quarantine is currently ten days. OsloMet offers a room in a quarantine hotel for all new employees.
You can follow developments related to COVID-19 in Norway by visiting the website of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (fhi.no). More information related to planning your arrival in Oslo is available on the Work for us section of our website.
International students currently at OsloMet
Information for current and prospective international students (student.oslomet.no) related to the COVID-19 pandemic can be found on our student website. This page is being updated regularly. In addition, you are advised to:
- Regularly check the guidelines issued by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (fhi.no).
- Make sure you are aware of any travel guidelines maintained by your own country.
- Follow the instructions and recommendations issued by your home institution and OsloMet.
- If you have any questions, contact your international coordinator.
Contact a member of our media relations team.