First, make sure you have completed all the steps for admission, including accepting the offer and paying for your participation.
Apply for a tourist visa
Apply for a visitor's visa (udi.no) as soon as possible, if you need one to enter Norway.
If you need a visa:
- Choose "Attend a cultural event or visit an organisation" and proceed to the application.
- Make sure you go through the checklist and submit all the documents the embassy asks for.
- Submit your "Letter of Admission" with your visa application. This letter has been sent to you by email.
Apply for housing
We advise you to look for accommodation as early as possible to enable you to find lower cost alternatives. If you have questions about what areas to live in, we can help, however anywhere around the city centre will be within walking distance to OsloMet Pilestredet Campus.
Budget accommodation alternatives
- Airbnb.com – you might be able to get a good deal if you rent a place throughout the summer.
- Anker Hostel (ankerhostel.no) – one of the cheapest hostels in Oslo, located in the city centre. Single rooms are available from approx. 500 NOK (52 EUR) per night (234 NOK (24 EUR) if you are willing to share room) and the hostel is a 20 min walk from OsloMet Pilestredet campus.
- Oslo Apartments (forenom.com) – offers apartments all over Oslo with a variety of price categories. Their broker deals directly with the interested parties, and you can get a good deal if you are willing to share with one or more people.
- Hotels – the average price for one night at a hotel is from 1000 NOK (103 EUR) to 1500 NOK (155 EUR), depending on how early you book the room. Most, if not all, hotels in Oslo can be booked on hotels.com, expedia.no and booking.com. Breakfast is usually always included, but this will be stated in the reservation.
Kindly note that the prices provided above are estimates only.
As a student, you need to have some form of health insurance during your stay in Norway. What kind of insurance you need depends on your nationality.
- Health insurance for EU/EEA students (student.oslomet.no).
- Health insurance for non-EU / non-EEA students (student.oslomet.no). Students staying less than three months must have a private or public health insurance from their home country covering their entire stay in Norway.