This beginner's course is an introduction to some main aspects of the Norwegian language. The objective of the course is to enable you to understand and produce Norwegian in common social contexts.
The beginner course can be given if admission is granted to 15 students or more.
You can apply for this course if you are
- an international exchange student admitted to study programmes at OsloMet for the current term
- an international student currently following study programmes at OsloMet
- trainees through the "Akademisk dugnad" who meet the general admission requirements for Higher Education Entrance Qualification (GSK)
- Erasmus+ students and trainees
- exchange students from other exchange programmes
- trainees through the "Akademisk dugnad" at OsloMet who have been recommended by the Section for Internationalisation
- international master's degree programme students
Applicants in each category will be ranked according to drawing of lots principle.
You cannot apply for this course if you
- have an equivalent or higher language competence
- are not an international student at OsloMet
- have ordinary admission to OsloMet
How to apply
The application deadline is 16 January 2023.
You have to fulfill your semester registration first in order to be able to apply for the course. Please contact your faculty if you have any problems with your semester registration.
You register via Søknadsweb (fsweb.no):
- Choose: Log in or register using Feide.
- Fill in your user name and password (the same user name and password as you use to log in FRONTER or Webmail at OsloMet) and press Login.
- Fill in your personal information, and press Next.
- (New application): Please press (›) next to Education and International Studies to open the whole menu. In the menu below choose Study Course - Faculty of Education and International Studies.
- Press the arrow to open the menu under “Choose application alternative”. Then choose 3447 Norwegian Language for foreign Students, Beginner Level 7,5sp, and press Next then save.
- Receipt: Please control your receipt and press Done to complete your registration.
The course activities include:
- Reading comprehension practice
- Listening comprehension practice
- Conversation practice
- Grammar exercises
- Written assignments
Classes and exam dates
Those who are enrolled will get an admission email with more information about the classes which they can follow.
You will find classes and exam dates when this is ready on Timeplan på nett (tp.educloud.no). Type course id NOBE6000. Remember to use right semester in the drop-down menu.
Ellingsen, E. & MacDonald, K. (2018): På vei. Norsk og samfunnskunnskap for voksne innvandrere. Tekstbok og Arbeidsbok. Oslo: Cappelen Damm. Chapters 1 – 9 (110 pages).
For more information about this course, take a look at the course description (student.oslomet.no).
There are no costs related to this course.
Questions about This Course?
You can contact us by e-mail if you have questions about this course.