This course will provide an in-depth analysis of economic, political and cultural conditions in major European countries, in the USA and in Asia, and there is also emphasis on cross-cultural business communication. The purpose of the course is to further develop your knowledge and skills in English, so that you can use the language professionally at an advanced level, especially with a view to international operations. The aim is to develop your skills in communicating, discussing, negotiating and presenting in an international business context.
English level equivalent to B2-C1 on the CEFR.
How to apply
International exchange students select courses when applying for exchange.
Application deadline: 15 April.
- English economic and financial terminology
- study of and commentaries on business texts
- detailed study of the British, American, Japanese and Chinese economies and of UK/US foreign policy
- international relations: e.g. the European Union, NATO, WTO and relations between Europe and the USA
- globalisation and its effects
- comparative analysis of various business cultures
- essay writing about topics from international politics, economy and business cultures
- study of three works of fiction in English
- oral practice, for instance in connection with cases
- individual and group presentations
For more information about this course, take a look at the course description (student.oslomet.no).
There is no semester fee for exchange students.
Exam and assessment
- a five-hour written exam counting 50 per cent
- a 30-minute oral exam counting 50 per cent
Various written and oral assignments must be approved by the instructor before you are allowed to take the final exams.