The content of this doctoral study course is based on selected fields of contemporary research in the library and information science (LIS). It is designed to Nordic and Baltic LIS doctoral students, but also suitable for doctoral students in LIS in any other part of the world or in related research areas
Application and admission
Deadline for application 15 June 2021
Admission Requirements: The course is offered only to fellows who are admitted to PhD programs or equivalent.
- External applicants use Søknadsweb. (Search for Doctoral modules and then Doctoral modules Faculty of Social Sciences, course 5688).
- Internal candidates use Studentweb and sign up themselves, or contact the PhD administration.
Required attachments for the application:
- External applicants must submit a summary of about one A4 page with information about their own PhD project and why this topic is considered relevant for their own project. The summary is uploaded to the Søknadsweb.
- Internal candidates send the summary to the PhD administration.
Course structure: The course consists of independent studies and seminars. The first gathering will take place digitally on Zoom, 27 September-1 October. The second gathering will take place at campus 15-17 November.
What do you learn
In the course, the following research topics are emphasized:
- Metaviews in LIS
- Information and society
- Mediation of literature and culture
- Perspectives from reception theory and Sociology of literature
- Knowledge organization & Knowledge management
- Scholarly communication and Scientometrics
- Information behaviour, practices and literacies
- Archival records and Document genres
- Information retrieval & Interactive information retrieval
See the course description on student.oslomet.no
Participants who have completed and passed the course may obtain documentation themselves. You can order a transcript of grades on StudentWeb (fsweb.no) or it can be obtained from Vitnemålsportalen (vitnemålsportalen.no). You can find more information about grade transcript and diploma (student.oslomet.no) on the student pages.