- The library at campus Kjeller is open. Students must test themselves regularly for Covid-19 to be able to stay on campus (student.oslomet.no).
- The libraries at campus Pilestredet is open for students and staff during the buildings opening hours.
- The IT service desk and booking of AV equipment is closed (student.oslomet.no). You can keep borrowed equipment until further notice.
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick or you are in quarantine or isolation.
- Use our digital library desk if you need guidance from a librarian or the Learning Support Centre (student.oslomet.no).
- Remember your student card and code to get into buildings and to use the self-service machine.
- Register your visit using the QR code at the entrances to the libraries. Scan the QR code to make the contact tracing easier.
- Our services are only available for students and staff.
- Follow OsloMet's infection control measurements (student.oslomet.no)
- There are limited workspaces in the library.
- It is not allowed to move furniture in the library.
- Book study rooms in TP (student.oslomet.no)
- Eating is not allowed in the library.
- Keep a two-meter distance to others.
- Wear a face mask while moving around the premises.
Digital library desk and guidance
Students and staff can receive help from librarians and the Learning Support Centre at the digital library desk. The AV Services offers guidance and advice concerning use of AV equipment while working from home. Opening hours and more information is available on the course and guidance page (student.oslomet.no).
Borrowing and returning books
Students and staff can borrow and return books as usual at campus Pilestredet, during the buildings' opening hours. Books can also be ordered in Oria, and picked up after receiving a pick-up message. Lenders who are not students or staff at OsloMet cannot borrow books, and must contact the library regarding returns.
How to order books
- Find the book you want to order in Oria (oria.no)
- Log in with your OsloMet username and password, then select "Request document".
- Choose your pick-up location.
- When the book is ready for pick-up, you will receive a pick-up message.
- The pick-up deadline must be held.
- If you choose home address as your pick-up location the books will be sent by mail. NB! Enter your address in the comments section. Please note that postal service can take several days.
- If the book is already on loan, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please note that it may take some time before you receive a pick-up message, and before books are sent in the mail.
Collect the books from the pick-up shelf and borrow them on the self-service machine with your student card.
You can pick up books during the buildings' opening hours:
- Monday to Friday: 06:00–22:00
- Saturday and Sunday: 08:00–22:00
You will not receive any overdue fines as long as the libraries have reduced services. However, you will still receive notice on overdue books.
Please contact us by email if you have received any overdue fines during this period.