Help and guidance from the University Library
The libraries have redused staffing, but together with the Learning Support Centre they offer digital help and guidance via Zoom. The AV Services offer guidance and advise concerning use of AV equipment while working from home. Information about courses and guidance from the University Library (student.oslomet.no).
The study and group rooms are open, but you must book in advance. Information about booking (student.oslomet.no).
Take away library
The libraries are open for students and employees at OsloMet. We still offer take away of books. This service is only available for students and employees at OsloMet. The service will be limited to ensure infection control.
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick or are in quarantine.
- This service is only available for students and employees at OsloMet. Make sure you follow OsloMet's infection control measurements and building access (student.oslomet.no).
- Eating is not allowed in the library. Please keep a one-meter distance. Please use a face mask when it is not possible to keep at least a one-meter distance to others.
- There can only be a limited number of people in the library at the same time, and there are limited work spaces.
- It is not allowed to move chairs or furniture in the library, as these are placed to maintain distance requirements.
- It is not possible to order AV equipment.
- Remember your card and code to get into the buildings and to use the self-service machine.
- Use our digital library desk if you need help (student.oslomet.no).
- You can pick up and return books in the buildings opening hours. Mon-Fri: 06:00-22:00, Sat-Sun: 08:00-22:00
Ordering and picking up ordered books
Find and borrow the book at one of our libraries or order the book in advance via Oria:
- Search for the book you want to order in Oria (oria.no). Log in with your OsloMet username and password, then select "Request document".
- Choose your pick-up location.
- If you want to receive the books in the mail, you can choose this in Oria when you order. Remember to enter your address in the comments section. Please note that postal service takes time. We therefore recommend that you pick up your books at the library, if you have the opportunity. Remember to follow local and national infection control regulations when traveling.
- When the book is ready for pick up in the library, you will receive an e-mail or SMS with your pick up location. Please note that it may take some time before you receive a pick up-message.
- The pick up deadline must be held.
- If the book is on loan, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Collect the books from the pick up shelf and borrow it from the self-service machine with your student card.
- You can pick up books in the buildings opening hours. Mon-Fri: 06:00–22:00, Sat-Sun: 08:00–22:00
- You can return books as usual at the self-service machine.
- You can return books in the buildings opening hours. Mon-Fri: 06:00–22:00, Sat-Sun: 08:00–22:00
You will not receive any overdue fines as long as the libraries have reduced services. Please contact us by e-mail if you have received overdue fines during this period.