Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway's third largest university with almost 22,000 students and over 2,500 employees. We have campuses in central Oslo and at Romerike. OsloMet educates students and conducts research that contributes to the sustainability of the Norwegian welfare state and the metropolitan region.
Faculty of Social Sciences offers study programmes within archivistics, library and information science, journalism and media studies, social work, social policy and child welfare, public management and business. The faculty has about 4200 students and nearly 280 members of staff.
Oslo Business School has approximately 1700 students and 70 employees and offers study programmes both at Bachelor and Master level, as well as a wide range of continuing and further education.
Oslo Business School is looking for an excellent applied economist holding a doctoral degree, to appoint as associate professor. It is important that the person will contribute to the School’s research and teaching development through active participation in our academic environment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Active contribution to the development of research-based teaching at Bachelor, Master, and PhD level
- Initiation and conducting of high-quality academic research
- Dissemination of research results to academic communities, and to society in general
- Academic-administrative tasks
The ranking of qualified applicants will be based on scientific merits, but teaching experience is also important, together with personal qualities and suitability for the position. We only consider recent publications (past five years) and the potential for future publication of high-quality research in applied economics. The successful candidate should fit the profile of our bachelor’s and master’s programmes. We encourage women to apply.
- hold a PhD in economics
- have published in recognised international journals and/or document their potential for future publication
- have good teaching skills
- have good oral and written presentation skills in English
The applicant must document relevant educational competence, in accordance with the guidelines for the assessment of educational competence at OsloMet.
Applicants who do not have sufficient knowledge of a Scandinavian language must have acquired Norwegian knowledge corresponding to CEFR level B2 within three years of commencement. Norwegian language courses are offered at OsloMet.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
The School will test pedagogical skills in connection with a personal interview. Candidates who have no relevant qualifications in pedagogy at the time of appointment must commit to completing OsloMet’s programme for basic pedagogical competence (15 ECTS credits) within two years.
The following will be an advantage:
- experience with research networks and externally funded projects
- proficiency in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
- teaching and supervision experience at different degree levels
- capability in communicating and cooperating with students and colleagues
- personal qualities that contribute positively to the working environment
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the diverse and multicultural population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We actively endeavour to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace, and to make adaptations to the workplace where required. You are also welcome to apply for a position with us if you have had periods where you have not been in employment, education or training.
- an exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest university
- a tenured position
- participation in a dynamic professional environment and a unique academic community
- participation in research groups
- opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- interaction with a diverse student group
- loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- free Norwegian language classes to employees
- a working location in central Oslo, with its wide range of cultural offerings
The position is part of the Economics and Methods unit, which is responsible for teaching and conducting research in economics. Our goal is to be an active and attractive research group, participating and contributing to the international research community.
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Basic Collective Agreement for the Civil Service and OsloMet’s salary policy for position code 1011 associate professor, with an annual salary of NOK 615,700–745,000 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
If you would like to apply for the position, you must do so electronically through our recruitment system. You must upload the following documents with your application before the application deadline:
- Application letter, including a research statement
- CV, certificates and all aspects of diplomas
- Complete publication list
- Up to 5 scientific works or working papers from the past five years
- Reference letters and teaching evaluations
We only process applications that are sent via our electronic recruitment system, and all documents must be uploaded for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document checks in order to provide candidates with a proper evaluation and to ensure fair competition. If you have any documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact email@example.com.
All applications will be reviewed by the School, and applicants who do not meet the formal qualification requirements will not proceed to further assessment. After a preliminary screening process, qualified applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. All applicants will be notified of whether they are being passed to assessment by the expert committee or not.
For more information about the position, please contact:
- Head of Section Fredrik Wulfsberg, firstname.lastname@example.org (+47) 67 23 80 87
- Head of Oslo Business School Ingvild Reymert, (+47) 67 23 65 60
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated. The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who are seen to be in conflict with the criteria in the latter law will not be considered for the position. Visit OsloMet at LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram