OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with more than 20,000 students and 2,000 employees. OsloMet delivers knowledge to solve societal challenges, in close cooperation with the society and employers. OsloMet is an urban and diverse university with a clear international profile, and an attractive place to work and study with campuses in Oslo city centre and at Kjeller in the Municipality of Lillestrøm. Our location in the metropolitan area gives us good opportunities to understand and benefit from the city’s diverse population.
The Faculty of Health Sciences consists of five departments and offers study programmes on all levels, including PhD. The faculty has about 6000 students and nearly 600 members of staff.
Department of Behavioural Sciences har approximately 750 students and 60 employees. The department is represented at all three campus; Kjeller, Pilestredet and Sandvika.
The Department of Behavioural Sciences has a vacancy for a permanent full-time position as an associate professor.
The Department of Behavioural Sciences has around 50 staff and 1,200 students. The department is an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary academic community with two bachelor’s degree programmes (Social Education, and Psychology with Emphasis on Behaviour Analysis), a master’s degree programme in Behavioural Science and a PhD programme in Behaviour Analysis. The position will initially be affiliated with continuing education programmes in sexual health at the department and the development of a new master’s specialisation in sexual health. The person appointed may be required to work in other areas of the department.
- Read more about the Department of Behavioural Sciences and research groups at the department
- The Department of Behavioural Sciences is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at OsloMet. Read more about the Faculty of Health Sciences
The preferred starting date is 1 September 2022.
Main duties and areas of responsibility
- Administration and development of subject courses at bachelor’s and master’s level
- Teaching and supervision of students
- Research and development work
- Maintaining cooperation and developing new interdisciplinary networks at the national and international level
- Contributing to application processes for externally funded research, education and innovation
- Actively contributing to the development of the department and OsloMet as a whole.
- A PhD relevant to health promotion
- Experience of education and/or research in the field of sexual health or closely related areas
- Experience of teaching and supervision at bachelor’s degree level or above
- Experience of administration and development of subject courses at bachelor’s degree level or above
- Good oral and written presentation skills in a Scandinavian language and English.
In the assessment and ranking of qualified applicants, emphasis will be placed on
- Research and development work of relevance to the position
- Peer-reviewed scientific articles published in international journals in the last five years
- Experience of supervision, grading, teaching and/or programme management at university/university college level
- Establishing research networks and successful applications for external funding, or documented good assessment ratings from funding applications
- Experience of developing digital subject courses at bachelor's and/or master's degree level
- Formal teaching qualifications
- Knowledge of Behaviour Analysis.
As regards requirements for educational competence for associate professor positions, see the Guidelines for assessment of educational competence at OsloMet.
General criteria for appointment to teaching and research positions are set out in the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts.
Applicants who are unable to document basic university teaching qualifications upon appointment must achieve such qualifications within two years. OsloMet offers a programme in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (UHPED) worth 15 credits that meets this requirement.
You are committed to the discipline, generous and ambitious. You enjoy working independently, but are also cooperative and motivated to develop good professional communities. It is important that you enjoy planning, coordination and working in a systematic and structured manner. You will have many different duties, which you may have to juggle at the same time, so flexibility is a key personal quality. You have good teaching skills and are interested in new thinking and innovation in education and development work.
- An exciting job with an important social mission at Norway’s third biggest and most urban university
- Opportunities for participation in research groups and a creative and inspiring academic community
- Performance-based R&D time
- Loan and pension arrangements with the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare arrangements and a wide range of sports and cultural activities
- Associate professor salary in accordance with the Basic Collective Agreement for state employees and OsloMet’s pay policy for position code 1011, førsteamanuensis associate professor pay grade 60–74, NOK 543,500–702,100 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
Diversity at OsloMet
It is important to us to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to make adaptations to the workplace where required. You are also welcome to apply for a position with us if you have had periods where you have not been in employment, education or training.
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply electronically by clicking the button at the bottom of the page. Your application will be assessed by an expert committee if you meet the requirements for the position.
You must upload the following documents by the deadline for applications:
- An application letter
- A CV, references and all pages of certificates/diplomas
- A complete list of publications
- Up to ten scholarly works
- At least two references with contact information
We only consider applications submitted through our electronic recruitment system, and all documents must be uploaded by the deadline for your application to be considered. The documents must be in a Scandinavian language or English. Translations must be by a government authorised translator, and you must expect to present originals if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet verifies documents in order to give candidates a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. It is important that you show how your competence meets the criteria described in the job advertisement.
OsloMet will conduct interviews following the expert committee’s assessment. OsloMet will test teaching qualifications in connection with these interviews.
If you would like more information about the position, you are welcome to contact:
- Head of Studies Christoffer Eilifsen tel. (+47) 67 23 64 41
- Head of Department Johannes Gjerstad tel. (+47) 40 85 70 57
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply electronically by clicking ‘Apply for this job’ at the bottom of the page.
Final date for applications: 24 July 2022
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.