OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with nearly 22,000 students and 2,200 employees. Through the students we educate and the research we produce, the university has a direct impact on society, both in Norway and beyond. The university has two campuses, one in central Oslo and another a short distance from the city in the municipality of Lillestrøm. OsloMet is home to some of Norway’s largest and oldest educational programmes, including degree programmes in nursing, engineering and teacher education. The university is also a hub of research and technological innovation aimed at strengthening and sustaining the Norwegian welfare state.
Faculty of Social Sciences offers study programmes within archivistics, library and information science, journalism and media studies, social work, social policy and child welfare, public management and business. The faculty has about 4200 students and nearly 280 members of staff.
Oslo Business School has approximately 1700 students and 70 employees and offers study programmes both at Bachelor and Master level, as well as a wide range of continuing and further education.
Oslo Business School has a vacancy for a permanent position as tenured Associate Professor in organizational behaviour with an emphasis on organizational psychology.
Oslo Business Schoolis looking for a person qualified to contribute to further developing research and teaching primarily within organizational psychology including but not limited to areas such as leadership, teamwork, HRM and decision making. It is important that the person contribute's to the Oslo Business School’s research and teaching development through active participation in our academic environment.
Oslo Business School is a part of the Faculty of Social Sciences. The vacant position is part of the Organization and Management unit at the Business School. This unit is responsible for teaching within management at all levels including executive programs and continuing education.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Teach and supervise students at all levels
- Conduct research and disseminate the results
- Undertake academic-administrative tasks, such as course coordination and development
- Contribute to the research and teaching environment of the Oslo Business School
- PhD in organizational behaviour with an emphasis on organizational psychology
- Experience from teaching at the university and the university college level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Doctoral students in the last six months of their doctoral work can apply. Students must include a written statement from supervisor and institution confirming their progress.
Qualified applicants will be assessed and ranked primarily based on high quality research output relevant for the position. Publications in quality outlets during the last six years will be emphasised. Teaching experience in higher education and formal pedagogical qualifications will be considered along with personal qualities and fit with the department.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
Candidates who have no relevant qualifications in pedagogy at the time of appointment must commit themselves to complete OsloMet’s program for basic pedagogical competence (15 ECTS credits) within two years.
The following will be an advantage
- Experience working with externally funded research projects
- Participation in research networks
- Digital proficiency in research and teaching
- Knowledge and understanding of Norwegian/Scandinavian working life, including business companies and the public sector
- Proficiency in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
Applicants who do not have adequate proficiency in a Scandinavian language, must acquire Norwegian skills corresponding to at least level B2 within three years of commencement.
Personal qualities necessary for the position
OsloMet evaluates teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
Applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. By the application deadline, please upload the following documents together with your application:
- cover letter
- CV, references and all pages of your certificates/diplomas
- a complete list of scientific publications
- up to 10 scientific publications, including your PhD thesis, and an overview of these attached
You must upload all the documents in order for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks documents in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact email@example.com
- an exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest university
- tenured position
- participation in a dynamic professional environment and unique academic community
- participation in research groups
- opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- interaction with a diverse student group
- loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- free Norwegian language classes to employees
- working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
Practical information about relocation to Oslo and living in Norway
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Basic Collective Agreement for the Civil Service and OsloMets salary for position code 1011 associate professor. The salary is NOK 584 700 – 714 000 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Erik Døving, unit leader, (+47) 930 34 798
- Ingvild Reymert, head of institute, (+47) 975 95 845
If you wish to apply for the position, please do so via our application portal.
Deadline for applications: 04.06.23
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.