OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with more than 20,000 students and 2,000 employees. OsloMet delivers knowledge to solve societal challenges, in close cooperation with the society and employers. OsloMet is an urban and diverse university with a clear international profile, and an attractive place to work and study with campuses in Oslo city centre and at Kjeller in the Municipality of Lillestrøm. Our location in the metropolitan area gives us good opportunities to understand and benefit from the city’s diverse population.
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities within technical subjects, arts and design. The Faculty has approximately 4.000 students and 400 staff members and is situated at Pilestredet Campus in downtown Oslo and at Kjeller Campus in Viken.
The Department of Civil Engineering and Energy Technology offers bachelors and master’s degree programs in engineering, in addition to research and development activities. The department has approximately 60 staff members and 850 students.
The Department of Civil Engineering and Energy Technology has a vacancy for a Professor/Associate Professor in Infrastructure Project Management within the field of smart infrastructure. The department is developing its study portfolio and plans to strengthen its academic environment in civil engineering. We are looking for an innovative, creative and responsible candidate who can contribute to the teaching, research and development of the field of infrastructure engineering. The candidate shall lead the research and education in infrastructure project planning and management with a focus on transport systems (road and railway) and urban planning. The candidate is also expected to collaborate with the research groups (structural engineering, process management and digitalization and transport, infrastructure & urban development) at the department to conduct interdisciplinary activities.
Read more on our research group Transport, Infrastructure, and Urban development (TransFrUrban) and Construction Management, Sustainability, Innovation and Digitalization.
Your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- play a central part in research and dissemination of research results both to academic environments and society in general
- be a driving force for developing major research projects and applications for external funding together with colleagues in the academic community
- take the initiative and further develop research collaboration with national and international partners
- play a central role in the work of further developing the academic environment and the department's educations within smart infrastructure or closely related field
- teach transport infrastructure project planning and management and related courses
- supervise students at bachelor, master's and PhD level
- actively contribute to the development of the department and OsloMet as a whole
- be in contact with the professional field
- initiate and carry out your own research and development work
- academic-administrative tasks
- Professor/Associate Professor competence in Transport Infrastructure Project Management
- PhD in project management, civil engineering, road and railway engineering or closely related fields
- The candidate must have documented extensive research competence and publication at a high level in one or more of the following areas:
- Transport infrastructure project planning process
- Contract management
- Construction productivity
- Digitalization in infrastructure project
- experience with national and international research networks
- experience in managing research projects
- experience with professional management
Good oral and written presentation skills in English are required. Applicants who do not have sufficient knowledge of Scandinavian must have acquired Norwegian knowledge corresponding to level B2 within three years of commencement. Courses are offered at OsloMet.
Applicants must document relevant educational competence in accordance with OsloMet's Guidelines for assessment of educational competence.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
The following will be emphasized:
- Extensive research and development work that is relevant to the position. For Professor competence emphasis will be placed on scientific production from the last six years.
- Extensive experience from teaching and supervision with a focus on master's and PhD levels
- Excellent cooperation and communication skills
- Diversity in research methodology
- Ability to acquire external funding
- experience with Norwegian public procurement and financing process will be an asset
- experience with front-end engineering is advantageous
Personal qualities necessary for the position
We emphasize that you are collaborative and motivated to build professional communities and are concerned with new thinking and innovation in education, research and development work.
OsloMet conducts testing of pedagogical qualifications in connection with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
- An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- Participation in a research group and a creative and inspiring academic environment
- Opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- Loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- Free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners/spouses
- Work place in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Basic Collective Agreement for the Civil Service and OsloMets salary policy, job code 1013 Professor, or as Associate Professor, job code 1011 . The salary is NOK 553 500 – 935 300 per year, salary scale 60 -84 A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants.
If you would like to apply for the position you must do so electronically through our recruitment system.
You will be assessed by an Expert Committee. You must upload the following documents with the application within the application deadline:
- Application letter
- CV (including teaching and supervision experience and the name and contact information of at least three references)
- Full list of publications
- Copies of certificates/diplomas (including formal education in pedagogics, if applicable)
- Up to ten full-text scientific articles, submitted together with a table of contents and a short introduction highlighting the relevance of the article to the profile of the position and a detailed description of the contribution to the article by the applicant
- Documentation of educational competence including profiling document
- A text (up to 2 pages) outlining your relevant pedagogical experience and plans for pedagogical activity and development in the position (“teaching statement”) and the pedagocial stance of the applicant. This overview should also include recent student-evaluations.
- A text (up to 2 pages) outlining your relevant research and plans for research activity in the position (“research statement”). This overview should include an overview of existing projects and research collaborators.
- Other relevant documentation
We only process applications sent via our electronic recruitment system and all documents must be uploaded for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document checks in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact email@example.com
Before submitting the application documents to the Expert Committee, all applications will be reviewed by the faculty and applicants who do not meet the formal qualification requirements will not be submitted for assessment.
OsloMet has adhered to the principles in the DORA declaration and obliged the institution to follow the recommendations in this declaration.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Head of Department Hallgrim Hjelmbrekke, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +4767236220
If there are no qualified applicants, we may consider an appointment to a temporary position, on the condition that the appointee qualifies for a permanent position within three years.
Deadline for application: August 31st 2022
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.