OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with nearly 22,000 students and 2,200 employees. Through the students we educate and the research we produce, the university has a direct impact on society, both in Norway and beyond. The university has two campuses, one in central Oslo and another a short distance from the city in the municipality of Lillestrøm. OsloMet is home to some of Norway’s largest and oldest educational programmes, including degree programmes in nursing, engineering and teacher education. The university is also a hub of research and technological innovation aimed at strengthening and sustaining the Norwegian welfare state.
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities within technical subjects, arts and design. The Faculty has approximately 4.000 students and 400 staff members and is situated at Pilestredet Campus in downtown Oslo and at Kjeller Campus in Viken.
The Department of Civil Engineering and Energy Technology offers bachelors and master’s degree programs in engineering, in addition to research and development activities. The department has approximately 60 staff members and 850 students.
The Department of Built Environment at Faculty of technology, art and design at OsloMet has avacancy for a full-time permanent Professor/ Associate Professor in Smart Water Technology. Thedepartment is developing its study portfolio and plans to start up a new MSc specialisation in Smart Water Process and Infrastructure Engineering in 2023 and want to strengthen its academicenvironment in the water field. OsloMet is looking for an innovative, creative and responsibleemployee who can contribute to the teaching, research and development of the field of smart urban water, civil and environmental engineering. The employee shall lead the research and education in modelling sewer networks, climate change adaptation and mitigation as well as cyber security in urban water systems. The employee is also expected to collaborate with research groups at the department to conduct interdisciplinary activities.
Read more about the faculty and the department: Department of Built Environmenthttps://www.oslomet.no/en/about/tkd/be
Read more about our research groups: research and developmenthttps://www.oslomet.no/ en/ about/tkd/be/ research-and-development
Your main duties and areas of responsibility will be to
- teach and supervise at bachelor’s, master’s and PhD level
- play a key role in research and dissemination of research results to academic communitiesand society in general
- be a driving force in the development of large-scale research projects and applications for external funding together with colleagues in the academic community
- take the initiative to and further develop research collaborations with national and international partners
- play a key role in the work of further developing the academic community and thedepartment’s study programmes
- actively contribute to the development of high-quality education at Inst BE and OsloMet as a whole
- be in contact with the professional field
- initiate and conduct your own research and development work
- perform academic administrative tasks
- Professor/ Associate Professor competence in urban water civil and environmentalengineering
- PhD in civil engineering, urban water systems or closely related fields
- documented extensive research competence and publication at a high level in one or moreof the following areas:
- water and wastewater systems
- wastewater collection and treatment
- urban storm water and pipe engineering
- sustainable urban development
- experience in national and international research networks
- experience in managing research projects involving external funding
- experience in academic management
- able to document results in relation to obtaining external research funding
- fluent oral and written presentation skills in a Scandinavian language and English
Applicants who do not have adequate proficiency in a Scandinavian language upon appointment must acquire Norwegian skills corresponding to at least level B2 within three years of appointment. Courses are offered for free at OsloMet.
The applicant must document relevant educational competence in accordance with OsloMet’s Guidelines for the assessment of educational competence at OsloMet.
General criteria for appointment to teaching and research positions are set out in the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts.
Emphasis will be placed on
- extensive research and development work of relevance to the position, for professorpositions; great emphasis will be placed on scientific works produced in the last six years
- broad experience of supervision and teaching, for professor positions; preferably at master’sdegree and PhD level
- teaching skills
- extensive competence in research methods
- knowledge of and/or experience in designing, managing, and delivering teaching in urban
- drainage systems and sensor networks architecture
- good digital skills
- the ability to communicate and cooperate well with students and colleagues
Personal qualities required for the position
We place emphasis on the person appointed being cooperative and motivated to build stronger ties across the academic community and being interested in fresh thinking and innovation in education, research and development work.
OsloMet evaluates teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
- an exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
- participation in research groups and a creative and inspiring academic community
- time for profession-oriented research and development work
- opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- loan and pension arrangements with the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (spk.no/en/)
- beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners/spouses
- workplace in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
Practical information about relocation to Oslo and living in Norway
The salary for the position is in accordance with the Basic Collective Agreement for state employees and OsloMet’s pay policy for position code 1013 Professor, NOK 728 100-935 300 per year, or position code 1011 Associate Professor, NOK 553 500-714 000 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to OsloMet.
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply electronically in our recruitment system.
You will be assessed by an expert committee. Please upload the following documents together with your application by the application deadline:
- application letter
- CV, reference letters, and all pages of certificates/diplomas
- a complete list of publications
- up to 10 scholarly works and with an overview
- documentation of educational competence including a profiling document
- two references with contact information
We only consider applications submitted through our electronic recruitment system, and all documents must be uploaded for your application to be considered. The documents must be in a Scandinavian language or English. Translations must be government authorised and you will be asked to present originals if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet verifies documents to give candidates a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact: email@example.com
Before the application papers are forwarded to the expert committee, all applications will be reviewed by the faculty. Applications from applicants who do not meet the formal qualification requirements will not be forwarded for assessment.
OsloMet has adhered to the principles in the DORA declaration (sfdora.org/read/) and obliged the institution to follow the recommendations in this declaration.
If you would like more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Head of Studies Jian Dai, (+47 67237018) Jian.Dai@oslomet.no
- Associate Professor Benedek Plosz (+47 67237829), Benedek.Plosz@oslomet.no
If you would like to apply for the position, you must do so electronically through our recruitment system.
Deadline for applications: 13.03.2023
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.