OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University is Norway’s third largest university, with more than 20,000 students and 2,000 employees. OsloMet delivers knowledge to solve societal challenges, in close cooperation with the society and employers. OsloMet is an urban and diverse university with a clear international profile, and an attractive place to work and study with campuses in Oslo city centre and at Kjeller in the Municipality of Lillestrøm. Our location in the metropolitan area gives us good opportunities to understand and benefit from the city’s diverse population.
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD) offers higher education and research and development (R&D) activities within technical subjects, arts and design. The Faculty has approximately 3.000 students and 280 staff members and is situated at Pilestredet Campus in downtown Oslo and at Kjeller Campus in Viken.
Do you want to make a difference and contribute with academic support to other students?
The students' academic and social study situation has been greatly affected by the pandemic. Most of the teaching has been digital for a long time and the campus has been occasionally closed. All faculties at OsloMet now employ students as part of the Student Package as an initiative from the Ministry of Education. The students will work with academic follow-up of fellow students. The initiative will function as a contribution to good learning outcomes, learning environment and study progression for students at OsloMet. We encourage committed students to contribute to this important work.
The OsloMet Oceanlab is an initiative where innovation, education, research and public actors will together establish a new public arena and a community for ocean technology, sustainability, environment protection and promotion and entrepreneurship. Through the lab, academic, economic, environmental protection, and industrial actors will collaborate to help position the Oslo fjord and Oslo region on the map and provide new synergies between academia, public sector, and the industry at seafront in the heart of the Oslo harbor.
We are looking for 5 - 6 students that will join the Oceanlab team of researchers and educators and help us build the space. We have available positions in three main areas:
1) Media and Communications (1 position)
- Website and social media content development and publishing
- Documenting and photographing events
- Promote the Oceanlab activities at events and stands
- Create posters, flyer and other marketing materials
- You will also be given various administration tasks
2) Teaching, Research, and Outreach (3 positions)
- Manage the Oceanlab Makerspace and machinery
- Help students with projects
- Create and/or run educational activities targeted towards kids of all ages
- Help in development of prototypes to be used in research and teaching
3) Event and Operation Management (1-2 positions)
- Organize events in collaboration with Oceanlab
- Help the Oceanlab team in activities related to day-to-day operation of the Oceanlab
Each position is expected to require 60 hours per month. The earliest start of the work can be August 1st 2021 extendable until January 1st 2022. The duration of the contract can be decided in agreement with the applicant.
We are looking for the following qualifications for both areas
- You must be a registered student when you apply and during the period the position
- You have good communication skills in a Scandinavian language or English
- A general interest in technology
- A hands-on mentality and willingness to learn
- You should be open and communicative as well as social. You will get to work with a lot of other students and people.
- Willingness to contribute to the development of the Oceanlab and be pro-active
Please note that you as a student assistant at OsloMet cannot have contracts that in total exceed 37.5 percent of positions, corresponding to 15 hours a week on average.
- Fixed salary in accordance with specified hours and working period in salary step 29 (NOK 177.62 per hour)
- Training package for student assistants at OsloMet
- The opportunity to make an important difference for your fellow students
- Opportunity for professional development and relevant experience
- Opportunity to collaborate with other students and faculty staff
- To apply, you must upload a copy of a valid student ID, CV, and a short application text of between 150 and 300 words as an attachment in the recruitment system. Applications and documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language. The recruitment will be an ongoing process and the qualified students are recruited as soon as their application is received.
If you want further information, you can contact:
- Andreas Graf, Senior engineer at Oceanlab Makerspace: firstname.lastname@example.org, 458 86 419
If you want to apply for the position, you must apply electronically in the OsloMet recruitment system.
OsloMet is a Charter & Code certified institution by the EU Commisson holding the right to use the logo HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R). OsloMet is a member of the EURAXESS network supporting a positive work environment for researchers in motion. OsloMet has signed The Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA). DORA recognizes the need to improve the ways in which the outputs of scholarly research are evaluated.