Payments, travel, and reimbursement of expenses
As a member of an adjudication committee, please note that:
- Original receipts and/or other documents of expenses must be submitted in connection with payment of fees and the reimbursement of expenses
- Payments and reimbursements of expenses will happen after the trial lecture and disputation have been held
- Please send the reimbursement form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee members are to book their own travel and accommodation, and then apply to get the expenses reimbursed.
Normally, the committee chair will invite to dinner the night before the public defense, and the candidate will invite to dinner the same day as the public defense. We recommend that the committee take this into account when booking their travel and accommodation.
First/ business class flights are not covered if other tickets are available.
We recommend that you stay in a hotel in central Oslo. The public defence is usually held at Pilestredet 32 or 46 close to Scandic Holberg which is located central in Oslo. The department only covers single rooms for two nights in the hotels mentioned above or below, if you desire any other hotel please contact the administration. Any expenses for a companion will not be covered.
Other neighbouring hotels: Thon Hotel Slottsparken, Thon Hotel Europa, Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz.
We ask visiting opponents to use public transport, as far as possible. Taxis should only be used when public transport makes travel difficult. Between Oslo Airport and Oslo city centre, the airport train is the fastest and most affordable means of transport and uses approx. 25 minutes to Oslo city centre. The airport train leaves every 10 minutes from Oslo Airport and Oslo Central Station/ Nationaltheatret. Nationaltheatret station is centrally located with a short distance to the recommended hotels and OsloMet.
Payments for the adjudication
The assessment itself is remunerated at a fixed rate at paygrade 75 and in the following way:
- Assessment of the thesis is remunerated with 30 hours
- The first opponent is also paid 20 hours for their opposition
- The second opponent is also remunerated with 15 hours for their opposition
- If the thesis is returned with a request to reassess it within 3 months, the committee members will get remunerated with 20 hours for the reassessment.
Do you have further questions? Please contact the PhD administration