Read the Privacy Statement for OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University (ansatt.oslomet.no).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored locally on your computer and is a standard technology that almost all websites use.
Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you can choose to change these settings in your browser if you prefer.
The data is used to improve our website, as well as to assess the impact of marketing on other digital platforms. For each page you visit, the following information is stored on our servers:
- what page you are looking at, what page you come from and what page you go to
- if you have visited our site earlier
- date and time
- what kind of browser you use and what operating system you have
Your IP address is anonymized and cannot be linked to your person. The address is only used for system error troubleshooting, and all traffic data is deleted after six days.
How to access data stored about you
We use Facebook's pixel – which measures traffic between Facebook and our website. We use the data collected by the pixel to deliver customized content to those who visit our website and for marketing on Facebook. Facebook pixel is added through Google Tag Manager.
We use advertising through LinkedIn's platform. Cookies are used so that advertising can target user groups based on visitor patterns.
OsloMet.no uses Facebook pages to communicate with external audiences and to be able to access Facebook's advertising platform. Facebook collects personal information from everyone who visits OsloMets Facebook pages, both those who are logged in with a Facebook profile and those who visit the pages without being logged in. Facebook does this by installing cookies in your browser.
Facebook gives OsloMet.no access to visitor statistics from our Facebook pages so that we can analyze how our content (posts, videos, articles, etc.) is viewed and used. We can also set up ads based on user profiles that have visited our pages.
OsloMet.no does not disclose or sell personal data we access through Facebook.
We use a Google script to create and deliver marketing campaigns in Google's ad network. We collect data about what pages you visit on oslomet.no, the cookie in your browser, and the settings you have selected in Ad Settings.
Google records websites and apps that you have visited that belong to businesses that advertise with Google, previous interaction with ads or advertising services from Google and your Google profile.
OsloMet.no does not connect your name or personally identifiable information with your cookie without your consent. We also do not connect your cookie with sensitive information such as ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or health, without your consent.
Google Tag Manager
OsloMet use Google Tag Manager to organize and manage scripts at oslomet.no.
Siteimprove is a tool we use to improve the quality of our web site (for example, broken links, bad spelling and accessibility). It also has an analytics module that uses the following cookie:
- This cookie contains a randomly generated ID that is used to recognize your browser when you read a page. It collects statistics on the use of oslomet.no, which is placed when the user last visited the website. The cookie does not contain any personal information and will only be useful for web analysis.
The survey identifies users as unique but as an anonymous individual. This allows the supplier to keep track of how many people visit the site.
Oslomet.no uses the following cookies from Sitetester:
- This is used to show the survey for every third visitor. The cookie is stored under session until the browser closes.
- This is used to register the page you were on (at oslomet.no) before coming to the page that shows the survey. The cookie is stored during the session until the browser is closed.
- This utility is used to determine if you are active on the site, so that the survey only shows up with active users.
- This is used to ensure that the survey only shows up after two minutes. It gets deleted after this.
- This is stored when a survey has been created so that it does not appear again until after three months.
OsloMet.no uses Snapchat to communicate with external audiences and to access Snapchat's advertising platform. By visiting OsloMet's website, Snapchat installs a cookie in the browser so that OsloMet can set up targeted advertising.
OsloMet.no does not disclose or sell personal data we access through Snapchat.
Third party requests
Third party requests are a query made by a user to an external service provider which in adjudication is also judged by social media widgets.
Although these queries have not set cookies in your browser, they can still transmit information to the third party.
How do I remove cookies in my browser?
To delete and remove the possibility of having cookies stored, the advertising platforms we use provide the following information:
- AdWords Settings (google.com)
- Delete Facebook data (facebook.com)
- Delete data from Google Analytics (tools.google.com/)
- Delete data from Snapchat (snap.com)
How to delete all data about me?
If you want to delete all data about you at OsloMet, contact email@example.com.
Do you want to delete pictures or videos of yourself from our website or on social media? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.