This statement does not include subdomains.
Status 23 january, 2019: Unfortunately, we have discovered several accessibility issues for level A and AA in WCAG 2.0. This applies to keyboard navigation, amongst other things. We are working to solve the issues.
We care about accessibility!
OsloMet is committed to
- maintaining and developing an accessible website
- ensuring that our website achieves at least level AA in WCAG 2.0 to comply with the Anti-Discrimination and Accessibility Act (w3.org)
- following the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Act (lovdata.no)
- following the regulation on Universal Design of ICT (lovdata.no, Norwegian)
- ensuring that all new content will achieve at least level AA in WCAG 2.0
- adapting content and functionality to meet the new requirements in WCAG 2.1
- including accessibility when choosing third-party systems and upgrades to existing systems
OsloMet is an official member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (iaapnordic.org).
The communication department at OsloMet takes universal design of ICT seriously. We have dedicated employees and tools to monitor our website's accessibility status daily. We correct WCAG-errors through weekly work sessions, and set up long-term plans to solve remaining issues.
WCAG 2.0 status, May 2018: 77 of 100 points
Our website is programmed to work with screen readers, in both Norwegian and English, depending on where you are located on oslomet.no. You can also increase text size in your browser.
We meet the requirements of colour contrast, headings and links, and pictures are equipped with either an alt-tag or alternative text.
A clear and concise language is an essential part of oslomet.no.
Oslomet.no was launched january 2019 with prioritised content. We have developed our website to met at least the requirements of AA in WCAG 2.0 and to facilitate the future requirements of WCAG 2.1.
Our accessibility score is based on Siteimprove, a tool that indexes and analyses all of our web pages.
How to send feedback on accessibility
Is there something that is not working as it should, or do you find the language difficult to understand? Is there anything that inhibits functionality or keeps content out of reach?
We greatly appreciate feedback on accessibility of our website!
E-mail us at email@example.com.
Unavailable content on oslomet.no?
Contact us to receive content in a different format. Examples of this may be PDFs, Word files or print on paper.
If the screen reader is not working properly, contact us at +47 67 23 50 00 (OsloMet main switchboard) and get content read out over the phone.
Accessibility tips and tricks
- Hold down Ctrl and press + (plus) to zoom in.
- Hold down Ctrl and press - (minus) to zoom out.
- Hold down Ctrl and press 0 (zero) to go back to start.
- More information about resizable text (hioa.no)
Accessibility tools and websites
- How to make the web a more accessible place (bbc.co.uk).
- The Norwegian Anti-Discrimination and Accessibility Act (uu.difi.no).
- Services for students with special needs (student.hioa.no).
- Health and working environment at OsloMet (tilsatt.hioa.no).
- Read The Words: A free text-to-speech web service (readthewords.com).
- WebbIE: A free application to make it easier for blind and visually impaired people to browse the web (webbie.org.uk).