This statement does not include our subdomains.
Current accessibility status
- Accessibility Score: 80,5 of 100 points, February 10 2020
- Progress: 13 problems solved, 12 problems remain
- Source: Siteimprove Quality Control
We care about accessibility!
OsloMet is committed to
- maintaining and developing an accessible website
- ensuring that our website achieves at least level AA in WCAG 2.0 to comply with the Anti-Discrimination and Accessibility Act (w3.org)
- following the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Act (lovdata.no)
- following the regulation on Universal Design of ICT (lovdata.no, Norwegian)
- ensuring that all new content will achieve at least level AA in WCAG 2.0
- adapting content and functionality to meet the new requirements in WCAG 2.1
- including accessibility when choosing third-party systems and upgrades to existing systems
OsloMet is an official member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (iaapnordic.org).
The communication department at OsloMet takes universal design of ICT seriously. We have dedicated employees and tools to monitor our website's accessibility status daily. We correct WCAG-errors through weekly work sessions, and set up long-term plans to solve remaining issues.
Our website is programmed to work with screen readers, in both Norwegian and English, depending on where you are located on oslomet.no. You can also increase text size in your browser.
How to send feedback on accessibility
Is there something that is not working as it should, or do you find the language difficult to understand? Is there anything that inhibits functionality or keeps content out of reach?
We greatly appreciate feedback on accessibility of our website!
E-mail us at email@example.com.
Unavailable content on oslomet.no?
Contact us to receive content in a different format. Examples of this may be PDFs, Word files or print on paper.
If the screen reader is not working properly, contact us at +47 67 23 50 00 (OsloMet main switchboard) and get content read out over the phone.
Accessibility tips and tricks
- Hold down Ctrl and press + (plus) to zoom in.
- Hold down Ctrl and press - (minus) to zoom out.
- Hold down Ctrl and press 0 (zero) to go back to start.
Accessibility tools and websites
- How to make the web a more accessible place (bbc.co.uk).
- The Norwegian Anti-Discrimination and Accessibility Act (uu.difi.no).
- Services for students with special needs (student.oslomet.no).
- Health and working environment at OsloMet (ansatt.oslomet.no).
- Read The Words: A free text-to-speech web service (readthewords.com).
- WebbIE: A free application to make it easier for blind and visually impaired people to browse the web (webbie.org.uk).