LUILOK 2.0 addresses the faculty's future localisation, academic development and interests in relation to OsloMet’s Campus programme.
LUILOK 2.0: Academic year 2022-2023
The project has three main areas in the academic year 2022-2023:
- Processes related to academic activities at Campus Lillestrøm.
- Working areas in Pilestredet, short term and long term solutions.
- Boost of Campus Kjeller for employees and students at the faculty.
Feasibility study autumn 2020
LUILOK carried out a feasibility study in autumn 2020, which generated potential localisation concepts. The possibilities were on different scales when it comes to price, scope, quality and organisational consequences, and were described in a report. The report was intended to give the project’s steering committee a good decision-making basis for initiating a pre-project.
The different possibilities outlined in the report were:
- Possibility 1: Densification
- Possibility 2: Team offices / Cellular offices and open-plan offices
- Possibility 3: Activity-based workplace
Report from the feasibility study
- Read the LUILOK feasibility report part 1 – written report (PDF, ansatt.oslomet.no, in Norwegian)
- Read the LUILOK feasibility report part 2 – drawings (PDF, ansatt.oslomet.no, in Norwegian)
Pre-project spring 2021
The LUILOK project group conducted a pre-project in spring 2021 based on guidelines devised during the feasibility study by LUILOK’s steering committee. The pre-project addressed the commissions in OsloMet’s campus programme:
- A progress schedule for closing and moving out of the Kjeller campus. The document is available via OpenGov (opengov.360online.com, in Norwegian).
- Cooperation possibilities at the future campus in Romerike.
- An overall plan of how offices and areas at the Pilestredet campus can be used. The document is available via OpenGov (opengov.360online.com, in Norwegian).
Based on input from meetings with the entities, the project group continued its assessment with an emphasis on Possibility 1 for the majority of entities. For some of the entities, the continued assessment will be based on Possibility 1, densification in cellular offices combined with various wishes for shared/open-plan solutions.
Study of two alternatives
Two alternatives were studied in the pre-project:
Alternative 1: Densification, mainly by combining cellular offices and team offices.
Alternative 2: A hybrid based on reported needs from the entities. This can include, for example, combinations of cellular offices, team offices and open-plan offices.
Based on instructions from the Campus Programme, the project included an increased efficiency of the areas, ranging from 10 to 25 per cent increased efficiency.
In the overall plan of how offices and areas at the Pilestredet campus can be used submitted by the Faculty on 1 May, LUI included an increased efficiency of 10 per cent. The report showed that integration of Department YLU in Pilestredet would require further development of labs ("spesialarealer", "spesialrom").
On 1 April, 2021, the faculty submitted the first draft for input om Campus Romerike to the OsloMet Campus Programme. The document stated that the Faculty has extensive collaboration with Oslo and Viken, including the Romerike region, and are positive with regard to increased future collaboration that aims to develop our study programmes, research and practical training.
The Faculty considered a common location in Pilestredet to be suitable for the future, with possibilities for activity-based presence at Romerike.
The final input on Campus Romerike was submitted on 1 July. The document stated that the faculty considers an activity-based presence at Romerike/Jessheim to be better suited for fulfilling the faculty's strategies, than permanent localisation of study programmes. The exception is the driving teacher education, which would benefit from being localised at Romerike.
Academic year 2021-2022
The LUILOK project worked according to requests from the OsloMet campus programme, while also preparing for the next phase of the project.
Project Steering Committee
- Roger André Federici, Dean (project owner)
- Jarle Traavik, Faculty Director (Head of project steering committee)
- Inger Marie Lindboe, Head of Department of Early Childhood Education (BLU)
- Vibeke Bjarnø, Head of Department of Primary and Secondary Teacher Education (GFU)
- Hilde Arntsen, Head of Department of International Studies and Interpreting (IST)
- Anna Hagen Tønder, Head of Department of Vocational Teacher Education (YLU)
- Marit Lunde, Director of National Centre of Multicultural Education
- Ronald Worley, representative from the Faculty administration
- Finn Aarsæther, Vice-Dean of Education
- Hanne Skaaden, Vice-Dean of Research and Development
- Gry-Merethe Lutro, Head of Section for Human Resources
- Trine Johnsrud, Acting Senior Safety Representative Faculty LUI
- Bruna M. Bruce, Project Manager
- Gry Hovland, Assistant Project Manager
- Siv Tonje Sperati Håkensen, Communication
- Anne Brændshøi, Human Resources
- Runa Grimstad Wold, Project Team Member
- Fred Arild Pettersen, User Coordinator P52-project
LUILOK involves the public sector unions and safety representatives in line with the applicable laws, regulations and internal policy for tripartite cooperation. The project has regular meetings with participating bodies at the faculty.
During autumn 2020 and spring 2021, the project had a reference group with representatives from the project’s most important stakeholders – the staff and students. The reference group took part in regular meetings with the project group.
In spring 2022, the project established thematic user groups, and meetings were arranged for the thematic user group for labs ("spesialrom").
During spring 2023, Fred Arild Pettersen became the faculty's user coordinator for the project where the Department of Art, Design and Drama at the Faculty of Technology, Art and Design moves into Pilestredet 52.
Activities for all employees at the faculty
Do you have questions or input to the project?
- Contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in faculty/department/centre meetings and processes
- Give input through your trade union