The course gives a broad interdisciplinary introduction to issues of development and globalisation as well as an introduction to Vietnamese and regional culture and society.
General university and college admissions certification / total qualifications.
How to Apply
Aims and Contents
Development Studies provides a broad multidisciplinary introduction to the issues of development and globalisation as well as an introduction to Vietnamese and Southeast Asian culture and society.
The main topics of the programme are:
• Development and development theory
• Development in Vietnam and Southeast Asia
• Global resource distribution, the environment, and rural-urban dimensions of poverty
• Globalisation history and economy
• Governance and participation
• Gender, culture, and knowledge
• Social change, population, and migration
• Rural and urban livelihoods, and the diseases of poverty
• Local action and international co-operation for poverty reduction
The course includes ten weeks in Vietnam.
The course can be included in a bachelor's degree, and there are possibilities for further supplementary studies. The course can also be taken as continuing- and further education. The course corresponds to "Global forståelse 1".
The course is a joint venture between the Department of International Studies and Interpreting, OsloMet and Kulturstudier (Culture Studies), an independent Oslo-based organisation that offers international academic courses in the fields of culture and human development.
More about the programme
Semester fee: 600 NOK
Programme fee: Please see the web pages of Kulturstudier (kulturstudier.com).
Questions regarding admission?
You can contact us by e-mail if you have questions about admission to this course.