A global tendency in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) institutions is the increased enrolment of children under three years of age. Recent research draws attention to the importance of high quality ECEC for the youngest children’s well being, relations, development and learning.
- be enrolled in master studies in Early Childhood Education, Educational Science, Psychology, Social Science, Special Education, or another field of similar relevance to the study
- have English skills at the B1 level
How to apply
International exchange students select courses when applying for exchange.
The application deadline is 15 April.
High quality ECEC for children under three depends on specific knowledge about pedagogy for this age group. However, quality and knowledge are not objective. They are deeply rooted in values and in societal and cultural conditions.
Parallel to the increased enrolment of children under the age of three in child care, there has been an increased research-based knowledge concerning quality, everyday life, relations and activities in early years child care. The content in this course will emphasize some vital aspects of this, sometimes contradictory, knowledge.
- quality in ECEC for children under three years in an international context
- ECEC for the youngest: A group-life
- multiple relationships in ECEC
- everyday situations as basis for wellbeing, togetherness and learning
- play, learning and activities
This course is based on online teaching and face-to-face instruction.
There will be four to five face-to-face instruction days per semester, each of which are full days.
For more information about this course, take a look at the course description (student.oslomet.no).
There is no semester fee for exchange students.
Questions about this course?
You can contact us by e-mail if you have questions about this course.