The course is taught through an interdisciplinary approach incorporating elements of political ecology, political economy and development studies. It combines a general introduction to environmental studies with an emphasis on Latin-America and Costa Rica. The course is offered by Section for development studies at OsloMet in collaboration with Kulturstudier.
General university and college admissions certification / total qualifications.
How to apply
The application deadline is 10 August.
Apply through the web pages of Kulturstudier (kulturstudier.com).
Aims and contents
The programme provides a basis for discussions, critical analysis and reflection on the causes and dynamics of environmental problems and management of natural resources. The course provides a balanced understanding of current theories and practices within global environmental management.
The programme provides the student with a balanced understanding of the theory and practice of environmental management practices. More specifically the students should acquire knowledge of:
- The complex nature of important contemporary environmental issues.
- Institutions, organizations and other stakeholders in international environmental management, an their role in managing and regulating human impact on the environment.
- Central ideas, perspectives and debates in environmental management and planning.
- Challenges facing modern society in terms of the need to plan for a healthy environment and to manage it accordingly for a sustainable development.
- Economic, legal and social factors that impinge on decisions and actions at the interface between human activity and the environment.
- The interrelationships between economic and social development and impacts on the environment at a variety of scales, and how to produce effective and feasible solutions to policy and planning dilemmas.
- Skills and techniques designed to develop appropriate and feasible solutions to a range of complex, international environment related problems.
More about the programme
Read more on the web pages of Kulturstudier (kulturstudier.com.
Semester fee: 600 NOK.
Programme fee: Please see the web pages of Kulturstudier (kulturstudier.com).
Questions regarding admission?
You can contact us by e-mail if you have questions about admission to this course.