The aim of this course is to provide you with both the theoretical basis of cross-cultural communication and to develop your practical skills in dealing with cross-cultural encounters in the global workplace.
There are no specific requirements for this course, but it is adviced to have a English level equivalent to C1 on the CEFR.
How to apply
International exchange students select courses when applying for exchange.
Application deadline: 1 October.
The course subjects are:
- patterns of cross-cultural behaviour
- communicating across “the great divide”
- non-verbal business behaviour
- culture, corruption and bribery
- cross-cultural management
- comparative study of various business cultures
- the most influential theories of cross-cultural communication
- analysis of cross-cultural interactions
For more information about this course, take a look at the course description (student.oslomet.no).
There is no semester fee for exchange students.
Exam and assessment
- two obligatory assignments must be approved by the instructor before you are allowed to take the final exam
- a four-hour written exam in May