Economic activities impact the environment. This course teaches students to think like economists about a wide range of environmental problems, from small, local ones to the biggest one of them all, climate change.
You must have completed a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. Recommended prerequisites: Course in Microeconomics.
How to apply
International exchange students select courses when applying for exchange.
Application deadline: 15 April.
- basics: externalities, public goods, Pareto efficiency, market failure, optimal pollution
- static pollution (local air pollution)
- environmental regulation with economic instruments (taxes, subsidies, cap-and-trade)
- dynamic pollution (climate change)
- international environmental agreements
- trade in goods and pollution
- green innovation
- green taxes and the double dividend
- behavioral environmental economics
For more information about this course, take a look at the course description (student.oslomet.no).
There is no semester fee for exchange students.
Exam and assessment
An individual four-hour written exam.