How do I access electronic resources from home?
When you are outside OsloMet's network, we recommend that you connect via VPN. Set up OsloMet's VPN solution (student.oslomet.no).
Some e-resources also require that you log in via OsloMet Off campus access with your regular username and password.
I can't get access to the article when I follow the link from Oria
- Sometimes the link sends you to the journal’s front page. Then you need to either search for the article there, or find it using the year, volume and issue of the article.
- Some articles can be read directly from the website, while others must be downloaded as a PDF. Look for the PDF icon on the website.
- In case of problems with the link, you can try a different browser or delete cookies (nettvett.no, Norwegian only).
How do I access e-books and articles from the reading list?
Go to the curriculum’s reading list via Canvas to get full access to the resources.
I can't access the e-resource on my curriculum
- Check that you are in the curriculum’s reading list via Canvas.
- The e-resource is either a link or PDF. If you can't find the PDF after downloading it, check downloads on your PC.
- If the link from the reading list doesn't work, you can search for the title directly in Oria (oria.no).
- If the link goes to the National Library of Norway, they are the ones who control access. Terms of access to the National Library's collection (nb.no, Norwegian only).
I can't access the e-book even though it says "Available online"
- Some e-books can only be read by a limited number of people at the same time. If you get a message that the book is in use, try again later.
- If the link is directing you to the National Library of Norway, they control the access. Terms of access to the National Library's collection (nb.no, Norwegian only).
I searched a database and clicked @oslomet, but I can't access the article
@OsloMet link will take you to Oria, where you'll see if the article is available. If the article is not available in full text, you can log in to Oria and order it.
Do you have any questions?
If you’re experiencing access issues, feel free to send us a brief description and screenshots. Send the e-mail to email@example.com.