Tasks and rules of procedure
The Faculty Board shall
- define goals, priorities and measures for the faculty's activities in accordance with laws, regulations and rules, as well as framework conditions and goals set out by the University Board, the Rector or a person authorised by the Rector
- speak on behalf of the faculty in cases involving a matter of principle or cases where the Rector has asked the Faculty Board to consider a matter
- consider reports to be submitted to the Rector from the faculty
The Faculty Board can delegate its authority to the Dean, unless it follows from the delegated authority document that the decisions are to be made by the Faculty Board itself.
The Rector can delegate tasks to the Faculty Board, unless it follows from the delegated authority document that the Rector him/herself must make the decision.
The Faculty Board generally exercises its authority through decisions relating to
- long-term planning and budgeting
- the faculty’s quarterly and annual reports
- strategic plans for developing the faculty’s study programme portfolio
The Faculty Board has replaced the Faculty Council with effect from 1 January 2020.
The Faculty Board has adopted this meeting schedules:
- January 13, seminar, at 1000 - 1530, digital meeting
- February 3, faculty board meeting, at 1230 - 1530, digital meeting, read case documents (opengov.360online.com)
- April 28, 1230 - 1530, faculty board meeting, read case documents (opengov.360online.com).
- June 9, faculty board meeting, at 1230 - 1530, view case documents (opengov.360online.com).
- August 10, at 1000 - 1130, extraordinary faculty board meeting, read case documents (opengov.360online.com).
- September 8, seminar + faculty board meeting, at 1000 - 1530, physical meeting, read case documents (opengov.360online.com).
- October 20, faculty board meeting, at 1230 - 1530, digital meeting
- December 1, faculty board meeting, at 1230 - 1530, physical meeting
Observers can also follow the meetings digitally in autumn 2022 and spring 2023.
Notices and minutes
The Faculty Board is chaired by the chair of the board (the dean), and in his absence by the dean's formal deputy. The dean is responsible for submitting cases to the board.
4 external board members
- Lillian Olsen, CEO, Halogen Design, deputy Camilla Gramstad, Head of sustainability at Elkjøp Nordic AS.
- Christian Nørgaard Madsen, Adviser, Erfaring AS, deputy Jane Bordal, Director for Roads and Transport Division, The Norwegian Public Roads Administration (HR Director fra 01.01.2020).
- Asbjørn Rolstadås, Professor Emeritus, NTNU, deputy Rajan Maheshwari, Country Manager, Tata Consulting Services.
- Saira Basit, Dean, The Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies , Centre for International Security, deputy Olav Lysne: Director, SimulaMet.
The Rector has appointed the external board members on the basis of proposals from the Dean.
3 members elected by the students
2022 - 2023:
- Sofie Skogsletten Dalen
- Johannes Bjergene
- Pernille Hansen
No deputies are elected.
5 members elected by the staff
Three members of employees in permanent teaching and research positions.
2 deputies, Berthe Dongmo-Engeland is first deputy member.
1 member of employees in technical and administrative positions.
1 deputy member:
1 member of employees in temporary teaching and research positions, 2022 - 2023.
1 deputy member: