- contributes to developing the faculty’s comprehensive strategy for its PhD programme
- contributes to ensuring that the PhD course portfolio maintains a high quality and reflects the faculty’s academic profile and distinctiveness
- contributes to developing the PhD programme in line with the requirements set out in the Regulations concerning Quality Assurance and Quality Development in Higher Education and Tertiary Vocational Education, and the Regulations concerning Supervision of the Educational Quality in Higher Education
- makes decisions in cases delegated by the dean
- makes recommendations to the dean/faculty management in matters relating to the faculty’s PhD programme
- is intended as an arena for discussing general aspects of the PhD programme, and for developing the programme on the basis of experience, results, and recognised national and international standards
- can also initiate studies in areas it deems necessary
The doctoral committee's tasks
The dean has assigned decision-making authority to the committee in matters relating to:
- admission of PhD candidates
- appointment of assessment committees
- approval of recommendations from assessment committees
- administration of regulations, guidelines and procedures relating to the faculty’s PhD programme
- decisions and recommendations relating to the faculty’s PhD programme
- approval of changes to the detailed guidelines relating to the faculty’s PhD programme
- approval of changes to supervision arrangements
- approval of applications for postponement/delays
- approval of applications for specific recognition/prior recognition of courses
- consideration of appeals.
The committee will provide input and advice to the dean in matters relating to:
- consultation statements relating to the committee’s area of responsibility
- establishment or discontinuation of PhD programmes in cooperation with the Academic Affairs Committee at the Faculty of Technology, Art and Design
- recruitment basis and recruitment strategies
- measures and plans intended to assure and further develop the quality of researcher education in line with the faculty’s strategy
- annual plans and budget measures relating to the PhD programme.
The faculty’s doctoral committee comprises:
Chair of the committee
- Vice Dean for R&D, Laila Fauske
- Deputy - Vice Dean for Studies, Marius Lysebo
Teaching and research staff representatives
- Professor Jianhua Zhang, the Department of Computer Science, TKD.
Professor Weiqin Chen, the Department of Computer Science, TKD (deputy member).
- Associate Professor Ali Muhtaroglu, the Department of Mechanical, Electronic and Chemical Engineering, TKD.
Professor Tore Gimse, the Department of Mechanical, Electrical and Chemical Engineering, TKD (deputy member).
- Professor Aase Reyes, the Department of Built Environment, TKD.
Associate Professor Habtamu Bayera Madessa, the Department of Built Environment, TKD (deputy member).
- Professor Venke Aure, Department of Art, Design and Drama, TKD.
- Professor Arild Berg, Product Design, TKD.
Associate Professor Kristin Støren Wigum, Product Design, TKD (deputy member).
- Researcher Henry Mainsah, SIFO, SVA, OsloMet.
Researcher Arne Dulsrud, SIFO, SVA, OsloMet (deputy member).
- Research Director Sven-Arne Reinemo, SimulaMet.
Senior Research Advisor Jennifer Hazen, SimulaMet (deputy member).
- Professor Ellen Karine Grov, Department of Nursing and Health Promotion, Faculty of Health Sciences, OsloMet.
Professor Birgitte Kjos Fonn, Department of Journalism and Media Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, OsloMet (deputy member).
Representative of the research fellows
- Research Fellow Samuel Ruiz Capel (PhD candidate in Engineering Science, PENG).
Research Fellow Leif Knutsen (PhD candidate in Engineering Science, PENG) (deputy member).
- Research Fellow Kristine Heiney (PhD candidate, PENG).
Research Fellow Andres Felipe Ocampo Palacio (PhD candidate, PENG) (deputy member).
External academic representative
- Head Researcher and Professor Ola Jensrud, SINTEF and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU),
Deputy – CEO Tomas Nordlander, IFE (ife.no).
Administrative staff representative
- Head of R&D Section, Jostein Kandal Sundet,
Deputy – Head of the Section for Academic Affairs and Internationalisation Jørund Støre Bergrem.
Senior Adviser Hege Handberg, R&D Section.
Siri Fagernes (Programme Manager PhD Engineering Science)
Astrid Skjerven (Professor, PhD Innovation for Sustainability)
Jon Samseth (Professor, PhD Innovation for Sustainability)
Meeting dates, minutes, case documents and deadlines
The deadline for submitting cases is always 14 days before the actual meeting date.
The faculty's R&D administration is the committee’s secretariat and will, in cooperation with the vice dean for R&D, prepare and provide advice in cases presented to the committee.
The dean will supplement the committee’s expertise during the period as needed.