Adding references manually to EndNote
Import from databases to EndNote
You can search and import references from databases into your EndNote library.
This can be done in several ways:
- Search databases and export to EndNote (look for the Export or Send to button).
- Search and import via EndNote.
- Search the database, temporarily store results, import to EndNote.
Import references from Word to EndNote
EndNote can retrieve the references from a document with references based on another EndNote library.
Imagine that you receive a Word document from a fellow student or colleague with the references taken from his or her EndNote library. Follow these steps to import these references into your EndNote library:
- Only the text and the EndNote program must be open on your computer, therefore close other programs.
In the EndNote program: Go to Tools > Cite While You Write (CWYW) > Import Traveling Library.
- Choose an EndNote library or database where you want the references to be imported. The references will be imported immediately!
Automatic deleting of duplicates during import only works when searching and importing via EndNote (Online Search).
If you don't want references that already exist in your library to be imported again:
Edit > Preferences > Duplicates > tick Automatically discard duplicates.
Note! This only applies to Online Search in EndNote, not when searching directly in a database and then exporting to EndNote.