Research on own programmes and the development of interdisciplinary approaches to the interaction between education, working life and the field of practice play a key part, including quality in development work. International cooperation in professionalisation and learning in working life also fall under this thematic area.
The research addresses change work and organisational development for teachers and managers in kindergartens, schools and training establishments, as well as their interaction with colleagues and managers’ freedom of action.
The faculty’s research addresses the programmes’ social mandate, as well as international, historical and social perspectives on education. From a macro-perspective, organisation, management and professionalisation are studied as part of the political and administrative system.
Research on learning in the workplace looks at learning processes with a practical and professions-based orientation. This research addresses knowledge and competence development in practical and experiential learning, vocational pedagogy, adult learning, organisational learning and cooperation between education and working life.
Important research topics for this area:
- interaction between research, the field of practice and education
- performative and organisational aspects of professionalisation processes
- professional ethics, professional or vocational identity and professional status
- digitalisation in education and working life
- lifelong learning
- cooperation models between educational and research institutions, the field of practice and working life
- interprofessional cooperation
- kindergartens, schools and vocational education and training in a current and historical perspective
- learning in different arenas for different age groups
- learning through organised training and learning in the workplace
- organisational culture, interaction and structure
- management, roles, functions and professional practice
- work and vocational culture
- social change and competence needs in programmes of professional study and vocational training
- applied forms of knowledge and professionalisation of new vocational functions
- the interpreter profession’s professionalisation process and the role interpreter education plays in this process
Thematic research areas at the Faculty of Education and International Studies
Science of professions, vocational knowledge and educational research is one of the thematic research areas at the Faculty of Education and International Studies.