The MADS project initiates collaborations between seven higher education institutions in Europe and the UK with a view of setting up a new European joint master’s programme in applied deaf studies. It is funded by the Erasmus Mundus Design Measure under the Erasmus+ program.
- Joint development of a COIL module in deaf studies and sign language, including the defining of student learning outcomes; identification of those courses at the partner institutions which the module will be a part of; formal role of the module within the respective courses; determining of the length, activities, methodology and technology of the COIL module; recruitment and training of teaching faculty taking part in the module; and the system for monitoring and assessing students' achievements.
- Piloting of the module with one student group from each institution.
- Based on the experiences from the points above; offer an enduring online course in deaf studies and sign language that a) assumes close co-operation between students from OsloMet and Gallaudet, and b) become part of the course portfolio in both universities.
Participants at OsloMet
- Charles Universitet i Praha, Czech Republic
- EDSU, European Association of Deaf Students
- Frontrunners, (an international leadership program for deaf young people at a Danish folk high school)
- Heriot-Watt University i Edinburgh, Scotland
- Humboldt Universitet i Berlin, Germany
- Hogeschool Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Stockholms Universitet, Sweden
- Trinity College Dublin, Ireland