The group belongs to the Department of Product Design at the Faculty of Technology, Art and Design. We cooperate with leading design schools such as OCAD University in Toronto and Napier University in Edinburgh. We have an extensive international research network, and our department has a modern workshop with several advanced 3D printers and other digital equipment.
Head of research group
More about the research
The topics we work on should focus on the relation between social, emotional and commercial factors.
Possible topics for our research are:
- Digital design
- Virtuality and materiality
- Innovative materials
- Design for physical and mental health
- User oriented design
- Toy and game design
- Culture and sustainability
Our research projects could be part of an external cooperation, preferably of transdisciplinary character. Partners might be universities and research institutes, hospitals, government agencies and private businesses.
Possible project topics are:
- Digital production methods and «design thinking» optimized for the «circular economy».
- Virtual concepts for future personal care and medical treatment.
- Digitalisation in Society: Future perspectives on digitalisation and design and in relation to health, well-being, and sustainability.