Research undertaken is related to, among other things, behavioural economics, macroeconomics, applied microeconomics, labour markets and wage determination, the economics of climate change, environmental economics, resource economics, welfare studies, political economy, industrial organisation and competitive analysis, competition policy, and development economics. The department is responsible for all courses within economics and research methods at Oslo Business School.
We arrange seminars on Thursdays 11.00-12.00 in Pilestredet 35, room Pi744 (www.mazemap.com). The seminar program is published below. The seminars are open to the public. If you want to receive weekly information about the programme, please send an email to Svenn Jensen.
We also arrange seminars and conferences with UiO and BI through Oslo Macro Group (safelinks.protection.outlook.com).
Leader of the Academic Unit
- 22/9: Albert Ma, Boston
- 29/9: Elin Svarstad, Fafo
- 13/10: Katheline Schubert, Paris
- 20/10: Rob Heart, Uppsala
- 3/11: Alex Willen, NHH
- 17/11: Katinka Holtsmark, UiO
- 24/11: Andies Richter, Wageningen
- 15/12, Fenella Carpena, OsloMet
- 3/3: Erlend Eide Bø, SSB
- 10/3: Alexander Willen, NHH
- 24/3: Astrid Marie Jorde Sandsør, UiO
- 31/3: Patricio Dalton, U Tilburg
- 7/4: Eirik Gaard Kristiansen, NHH
- 21/4: Christina Gravert, U Copenhagen
- 28/4: Marie Gaarder, U Carlos III
- 12/5: Fei Ao, U Uppsala
- 19/5: Laura Derksen, U Toronto
- 9/6: Thang Dang, FHI
- Daniel Kim, BI
- Jon Einar Flåtnes, CMI
- Catalina Franco, NHH
- Eeva Mauring, U Bergen
- Lars-Erik Borge, NTNU
- Julie Brun Bjørkheim, NMBU
- François Derrien, HEC
- Renee Adams, Oxford/Said
- Fenella/Dan, OsloMet
- Frode Martin Nordvik, Kristiania
- Tyra Merker, UiO
- B. Espen Eckbo, Dartmouth
- Siri Isaksson, NHH
- Eirik Gaard Kristiansen, NHH
- Peter Birch Sørensen, University of Copenhagen
- Yuejun Zhao, Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI)
- Gisle Natvik, BI Norwegian Business School
- Ann-Helen Bay, Oslo Metropolitan University
- Florian Diekert, Heidelberg University
- Laurens Swinkels, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Kizkitza Biguri, BI Norwegian Business School
- Jósef Sigurðsson, NHH Norwegian School of Economics
- Limei Che, Peking University
- Anupam Dutta, University of Vaasa
- Åshild Johnsen, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
- Alice Ciccone, Institute of Transport Economics (Tøi)
- Imelda, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Stefan Pichler, ETH Zurich
- Kjell Nyborg, University of Zurich
- Matthias Hanauer, Technical University of Munich
- Vincenzo Pezone, Goethe University
- Martin Schmalz, University of Oxford
- Antonia Grohmann, Aarhus University
- Neda Trifkovic, University of Copenhagen
- Ingrid Hjort, OsloMet
- Ella Getz Wold, Norges Bank
- Øyvind Aas, Kristiania University College /(ECARES), Université libre de Bruxelles
- Fredrik Wulfsberg, OsloMet
- Dana Sisak, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Alexander Schandlbauer, University of Southern Denmark
- Vincent Somville, NHH Norwegian School of Economics
- Lars-Erik Borge, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Espen Sirnes, University of Tromsø
- Moqi Xu, London School of Economics
- Peter Kjær Kruse, University of Copenhagen
- Elisabeth Isaksen, Frisch Centre
- Kjell G. Nyborg, University of Zurich
- Kaveh Majlesi, Lund University
- Fenella Carpena, OsloMet
- B. Espen Eckbo, Dartmouth College
- Tuomas Laiho, University of Oslo
- Vincent Somville, Norwegian School of Economics
- Elizabeth Isaksen, Frischsenteret
- Jacopo Bizzotto, Oslo Business School, OsloMet
- Fredrik Wulfsberg, Oslo Business School, OsloMet
- Tuomas Laiho, University of Oslo
- Tapas Kundu, Oslo Business School, OsloMet
- Moqi Groen-Xu, Queen Mary University
- Peter Kjær Kruse, University of Copenhagen
- Kristoffer Berg, University of Oslo
- Giulia La Mattina, University of Southern Florida
- Karim Naguib, Independent Consultant
- Lu Han, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto: Microgeography of Housing Supply
- Ingrid Huitfeld, Statistics Norway: Fertility and Labor Supply
- Anna D'Annunzio, Toulouse Business School: Advertising and Consumer Tracking: Theory and Evidence
- Sara Cools, Institutt for samfunnsforskning (ISF): Local Immigration and Support for Anti-Immigration Parties: A Meta-Analysis
- Andre Stenzel, University of Mannheim: Pricing for the Stars
- Andre K Anundsen, Oslo Metropolitan University: Changing supply elasticities and regional housing booms
- Victoria Vanasco, Centre de Recerca en Economia Internacional (CREI): The good, the bad, and the complex: product design with imperfect information
- Sjur Westgård, NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology: Twelve commodity trades that chocked the world
- Torben Mideksa, Uppsala University: Prices vs. Quantities with Multiple Countries
- David C. Smith, University of Virginia / McIntyre: Losing control: The 20-year decline in loan covenant restrictions
- Alessandro De Chiara, Central European University: A Dynamic Theory of Regulatory Capture
- Martin Holmén, University of Gothenburg / Centre for Finance: Cognitive Skills and Economic Preferences in the Fund Industry
- Svein-Arne Persson, NHH Norwegian School of Economics: Dual Holders: Valuation, Default Policy, and Capital Structure
- Salvatore Miglietta, BI Norwegian Business School: Why Do Boards Exist? Governance Design in the Absence of Corporate Law
- Marcella Veronesi, University of Verona: Be Cautious with the Precautionary Principle: Evidence from Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Accident
- Gisle Natvik, BI Norwegian Business School/OBS: Saving Behavior Across the Wealth Distribution
- Jørgen J Andersen, BI Norwegian Business School: Power to the (Moderate) People! Fiscal Windfalls and Accountability by Voting
- Haakon Vennemo, Oslo Business School: Benefits of urban transport projects
- Plamen Nenov, BI Norwegian Business School: Stock Market Wealth and the Real Economy: A Local Labor Market Approach
- Laurens Swinkels, Erasmus University: Global factor premiums ‘everywhere’: new insights from 200+ years
- Daniel Spiro, Uppsala University/OBS: The Economics of Planetary Boundaries
- Anirban Mitra, University of Kent: Cash for Votes: Evidence from India
- Ragnar Torvik, NTNU: Political Dutch Disease
- Linda Nøstbakken, NHH: How much does anticipation matter? Evidence from changing regulatory boundaries
- Anil Yildizparlak, Durham University: The use of limited conflict as a bargaining tool
- Stefan Petry, Manchester Business School: 10K Risk Factor Statements and the Reporting and Prediction of Uncertainty
- Erik Lindqvist, Stockholm University: Long-run Effects of Lottery Wealth on Psychological Well-being
- Gunnar Eskeland, NHH: Coase and Environmental Investors: An upstream theory of institutional development
- Stefan Hirth, University Southern Denmark: Rating Under Asymmetric Information
- Derek Clark, UiT: Creating Balance in Dynamic Competitions
- Janis Berzins, BI Norwegian Business School: The Family Firm Premium and Family Characteristics: Evidence from Population Data
- Barbara Bukhalova, BI : International Portfolios: Product of Weather and Sports, or Finance?
- Jens Perret, ISM: Regional Convergence in the Russian Federation - Spatial and Temporal Dynamics
- Sturla Fjesme, OBS: Initial Public Offerings and Asset Learning and Portfolio Investments
- Claire Brunel, American University: Patents, Trade, and Spillovers
- Ola Kvaløy, UiS: “Motivation and Incentives in an Online Labor Market"
- Rafel Crespí-Cladera, Universitat de les Illes Balears: “Politicians in the boardroom: Is it a convenient burden?”
- Nam Dau, Coventry: How do Heterogeneous Beliefs drive the Cross-Section of Stock Return Volatilities and Correlations and Turnover Volatilities
- Annette Alstadsæter, NMBU: Tax evasion and inequality
- Mads Greaker, OBS: Innovation in natural resource based industries: The case of Aquaculture
- Åshild Johnsen, NMBU: Peer effects and discrimination in the Armed Forces
- Johann Reindl, OBS: Do covenants prevent asset substitution - using a novel structural estimation approach
- Simon Galle, BI: Slicing the Pie: Quantifying the Aggregate and Distributional Effects of Trade
- Bogdan Stacescu, BI: lliquid shareholders and real firm effects: The personal wealth tax and financial constraints
- Svenn Jensen, OBS: Pricing Climate Ambiguity
- Corbett Grainger, University of Wisconsin, Madison: Do Regulators Strategically Avoid Pollution Hotspots when Siting Monitors? Evidence from Remote Sensing of Air Pollution
- Danielle Zhang, OBS: Stock Trading during the financial bubbles
- Sissel Jensen, NHH: Breaking the Glass Ceiling? The Effect of Board Quotas on Female Labour Market Outcomes in Norway
- Inge van der Bijgaart, University of Gothenburg: Renewable energy implementation and fossil stock development
- Piotr Śpiewanowski, Polish Academy of Sciences: Can Regulation Improve Service Quality? Evidence from European Air Passenger Rights
- Fenella Carpena, OBS: The Causal Mechanism of Financial Education: Evidence from Mediation Analysis
- Lyndon Moore, University of Melbourne: Railroad Bailouts in the Great Depression
- Halvor Briseid Storrøsten, SSB: The green orthodox: regulation in the presence of adjustment costs and resource scarcity
- Svenn Jensen, NMBU Pricing Climate Risk
- Jacopo Bizzotto, UiO: Could Bad Certifiers Certify Best?
- Johann Reindl, BI: Market Implied Costs of Financial Distress
- Danielle Zhang, BI: CEOs' Personal Portfolio and Corporate Policies
- Fenella Carpena, NUPI: The Adverse Effects of Electrification: Evidence from India
- Hamid Boustanifar, BI: Debtor Protection, Credit Redistribution, and Income Inequality
- Mads Greaker, SSB: Network effects and environmental externalities: Do clean technologies suffer from excess inertia?
- Cathrine Hagem SSB: Supply- versus demand-side policies in the presence of carbon leakage and the green paradox
- Snorre Kverndokk, Frisch: Using fees to reduce bed-blocking: A game between hospitals and care providers
- Sturla Fjesme, OBS: When do Investment Banks use IPO Price Support?
- Gabriele Gratton, UNSW Business School: When to Drop a Bombshell
- Håkon Tretvoll, BI: Trade in Commodities and Emerging Market Business Cycles
- Øivind Schøyen, NHH: Attributing intentions under projecting bias
- Thomas Leirvik, Nord universitet: Asset Allocation Under Time-Varying Risk Premiums and Interest Rates
- Marcus Hagendorn, UiO: "An Equilibrium Theory of Determinate Nominal Exchange Rates, Current Accounts and Asset Flows" (OMG seminar)
- Nicholas Sheard, NTNU: Empirical urban trade.2 Feb - Xunhua Su, NHH: Rising Stars, Industry Competition and Corporate Policies
- Niko Jaakkola, CES-Ifo: The climate-pension deal
- Derek J. Clark and Tapas Kundu: Partial Information Disclosure in a Contest, Economics Letters, vol. 204.
- Derek J. Clark and Tapas Kundu: Competitive Balance: Information Disclosure and Discrimination in an Asymmetric Contest, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 184
- Ivan Barreda-Tarrazona, Tapas Kundu and Stein Østbye: On rational forward-looking behaviour in economic geography: An experimental analysis, Regional Science and Urban Economics, vol. 87
- Holden, Steinar og Fredrik Wulfsberg. Covid-19 og makroøkonomisk politikk, Samfunnsøkonomen 3.
- Bizzotto, Jacopo; Vigier, Adrien (2020). Can a better informed listener be easier to persuade? Economic Theory.
- Bizzotto, Jacopo; Rudiger, Jesper; Vigier, Adrien Henri (2020). Dynamic Persuasion with Outside Information. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics.
- Bizzotto, Jacopo; Vigier, Adrien Henri (2020). Fees, Reputation and Information Production in the Credit Rating Industry. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics.
- Bizzotto, Jacopo; Rudiger, Jesper; Vigier, Adrien Henri (2020). Testing, disclosure and approval. 12 p. Journal of Economic Theory. Vol. 187.
- Carpena, Fenella; Zia, Bilal (2020). The Causal Mechanism of Financial Education: Evidence from Mediation Analysis. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. Vol. 177.
- Carpena, Fenella; Francesca R. Jensenius (2020). Age of Marriage and Women’s Political Engagement: Evidence from India, accepted, Journal of Politics.
- Muri, Karianne; Tufte, Per Arne; Coleman, Grahame J.; Moe, Randi Oppermann (2020). Exploring work-related characteristics as predictors of Norwegian sheep farmer's affective job satisfaction. Sociologia Ruralis. Vol. 60. UHR 2 (sosiology).
- Greaker, Mads; Hagem, Cathrine (2020). Elbiler og toveislading - Fordeler for både bileiere og strømkunder. Samfunnsøkonomen.
- Golombek, Rolf, Mads Greaker og Michael Hoel: Should environmental R&D be prioritized? Resource and Energy Economics, Vol 60.
- Greaker, Mads; Vormedal, Irja; Rosendal, G. Kristin (2020). Environmental policy and innovation in Norwegian fish farming: Resolving the sea lice problem?. Marine Policy. Vol. 117.
- Kundu, Tapas; Nilssen, Tore (2020). Delegation of regulation. The Journal of Industrial Economics.
- Clark, Derek John; Nilssen, Tore; Sand, Jan Yngve (2020). Gaining advantage by winning contests. Review of Economic Design. Vol. 24.
- Bizzotto, Jacopo; Solow, Benjamin. "Electoral competition with strategic disclosure." Games. 10(3), article 29.
- Asheim, Geir Bjarne; Taran; Nyborg, Karine; Greaker, Mads; Hagem, Cathrine; Harstad, Bård Gjul; Hoel, Michael; Lund, Diderik; Rosendahl, Knut Einar (2019). The case for supply-side climate treaty. Science. Vol. 365.
- Carpena, Fenella. "How Do Droughts Impact Household Food Consumption and Nutritional Intake? A Study of Rural India." World Development. 122, 349–369.
- Golombek, Rolf; Greaker, Mads; Kverndokk, Snorre (2019). Hva er fremtiden for CCS?. Samfunnsøkonomen.
- Greaker, Mads, Rolf Golombek and Michael Hoel. "Global Impact of National Climate Policy in the Nordic Countries." Nordic Economic Policy Review, 156–208.
- Jaakkola, Niko, Daniel Spiro and van Benthem. "Finders Keepers?" Journal of Public Economics, 169, 17–33.
- Moen, Espen Rasmus; Wulfsberg, Fredrik; Aas, Øyvind Nilsen (2019). Price Disperison and the Role of Stores. The Scandinavian Journal of Economics.
- Liu, Pan; Thøgersen, Joachim (2019). Pay-As-You-Go Pensions and Endogenous Retirement. Macroeconomic Dynamics.
- Thøgersen, Joachim (2019). A note on social security, human capital and growth. Economics Bulletin. Vol. 39, Iss 4, p.2921-2930.
- Greaker, Mads, Tom‐Reiel Heggedal, Knut Einar Rosendahl. "Environmental policy and the direction of technical change." The Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 120, 1100–1138
- Jaakkola, Niko, Daniel Spiro and van Benthem. "Finders Keepers?" Journal of Public Economics, 169, 17–33.
- Leroux, Justin and Daniel Spiro. "Leading the unwilling: Unilateral strategies to prevent arctic oil exploration." Resource and Energy Economics, 54, 125–149
- Michaeli, Moti and Daniel Spiro. "Prescriptive Norms and Social Comparisons." Forthcoming in Games
- Siwiec, Ewelina, Anne Maren Erlandsen and Haakon Vennemo. "City greening by rain gardens - costs and benefits." Environmental protection and natural resources. Vol. 29 No 1(75): 1-5
- Wulfsberg, Fredrik. "Har vi klart å spare oljeinntektene?" Samfunnsøkonomen, 3, 33–38.
- 3/2022 Greaker, Mads and David Popp: Environmental Economics, Regulation, and Innovation. DOI 10.3386/w30415
- 2/2022 Bizzotto, Jacopo and Alessandro De Chiara: Frequent audits and honest audits (papers.ssrn.com).
- 1/2022 Greaker, Mads: The resource rent in Norwegian aquaculture from 1984 to 2020 – is the rent ripe for taxation? (papers.ssrn.com).
- 1/2021 Svenn Jensen and Christian P. Traeger: Pricing Climate Risk (papers.ssrn.com).
- 2/2021 Bizzotto, Jacopo and Harstad, Bård: The Choice of Certifier in Endogenous Markets (papers.ssrn.com).
- 3/2021 Bizzotto, Jacopo and Vigier, Adrien: Optimal School Design (papers.ssrn.com).
- 4/2021 Johnsen, Åshild A. and Finseraas, Henning and Hanson, Torbjørn and Kotsadam, Andreas: The Formation of Competitive Preferences (papers.ssrn.com).
- 5/2021 Bizzotto, J., A. Vigier and T.Hinnosaar: Low Resolution Economics (papers.ssrn.com).
- 6/2021 Bizzotto, J., E. Perez-Richet, and A. Vigier: Communication via Third Parties (papers.ssrn.com).
- 7/2001 Erling Barth, Henning Finseraas, Anders Kjelsrud, Karl Ove Moene: Does the Rise of China Lead to the Fall of European Welfare States? (papers.ssrn.com).
- 1/2020 Carpena, Fenella: Delivering Effective Health Education in Developing Countries: Insights from a Field Experiment in India (papers.ssrn.com).
- 2/2020: Simen Markussen, Gisle Natvik, Fredrik Wulfsberg: Alternative kompensasjonsordninger for næringslivet med vekt på lønnsutgifter – anslagsvise beregninger av fordelings- og insentiveffekter (hdl.handle.net).
- 3/2020: Mads Greaker: Optimal regulatory policies for charging of electric vehicles (hdl.handle.net).
- 4/2020: Mads Greaker: R&D in natural resource based industries: Governments should prioritize innovation which reduces environmental hazards (hdl.handle.net).
- 5/2020: Steinar Holden, Fredrik Wulfsberg: Covid-19 i ISPK-modell med renteregel (hdl.handle.net).
- 1/2019: R. Øystein Strøm: The Norwegian Gender Balance Law. A reform that failed? (papers.ssrn.com)
- 2/2019: Fenella Carpena and Francesca R. Jensenius: Age of Marriage and Women's Political Engagement: Evidence from India (papers.ssrn.com)
- 3/2019: Fenella Carpena: Harnessing the Private Sector for Agricultural Technology Adoption: A Case Study of Agro-Dealers in Chotila, India (papers.ssrn.com)
- 4/2019: Fredrik Wulfsberg: Wages for Skilled Workers in the Norwegian Pulp and Paper Industry 1967–79 (papers.ssrn.com)
- 1/2018: Fredrik Wulfsberg: Har vi klart å spare oljeinntektene? (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)
- 2/2018: Fenella Carpena: How Do Droughts Impact Household Food Consumption and Nutritional Intake? A Study of Rural India (papers.ssrn.com)
- 3/2018: Fenella Carpena and Bilal Zia: The Causal Mechanism of Financial Education: Evidence from Mediation Analysis (papers.ssrn.com)
- 1/2017: Knut L. Seip: Does tax reduction have an effect on gross domestic product? An empirical investigation (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)
- 2/2017: Niko Jaakkola, Daniel Spiro and Arthur A. van Benthem: Finders, Keepers? (nber.org)
- 3/2017:Tapas Kundu and Tore Nilssen: Delegation of Regulation (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)
- 4/2017: Espen Moen, Fredrik Wulfsberg and Øyvind Aas: Price Dispersion and the Role of Stores (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)
- 5/2017: Justin Leroux and Daniel Spiro: Leading the Unwilling: Unilateral Strategies to Prevent Arctic Oil Exploration (cesifo-group.de)
- 6/2017: Tapas Kundu and Seongwuk Moon: Integration and Competition for Innovations in Science-Based Industries (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)
- 7/2017: Yunus Yilmaz, Knut Lehre Seip, and Michael Schröder: Comparing sentiment and behavioral based leading indexes for industrial production in Germany: A novel running local test (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)
- 8/2017: Knut L. Seip, Renzo Orsi: Narrowing time windows to study effects of tax policies on GDP and the underground economy: Italy 1982 to 2006 (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)
- 1/2016: R. Øystein Strøm, Bert D'Espallier and Roy Mersland: Female Leaders and Financial Inclusion. Evidence from Microfinance Institutions (papers.ssrn.com)
- 2/2016: B. Espen Eckbo, Knut Nygaard and Karin S. Thorburn: Does Gender-Balancing the Board Reduce Firm Value? (papers.ssrn.com)
- 3/2016: Haakon Vennemo and Kristin Aunan: Air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in China: An unsustainable situation in search of a solution (fagarkivet.oslomet.no)