Establish a basis for a sustainable system for a Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) module in deaf studies and sign language. COIL can be described as virtual student and staff exchange as a strategic tool for internationalization of the curriculum.
- Joint development of a COIL module in deaf studies and sign language, including the defining of student learning outcomes; identification of those courses at the partner institutions which the module will be a part of; formal role of the module within the respective courses; determining of the length, activities, methodology and technology of the COIL module; recruitment and training of teaching faculty taking part in the module; and the system for monitoring and assessing students' achievements.
- Piloting of the module with one student group from each institution.
- Based on the experiences from the points above; offer an enduring online course in deaf studies and sign language that a) assumes close co-operation between students from OsloMet and Gallaudet, and b) become part of the course portfolio in both universities.
- OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
- Gallaudet University, Washington, D.C., USA
Participants at OsloMet