Both internal and external students can apply for single subjects. Here is the overview.
How to apply
The application process is different for internal and external applicants.
If you are already admitted to one of the faculty's doctoral programmes (Behaviour Analysis or Health Sciences), choose courses and register your participation through the Studentweb.
If you are admitted to a PhD programme at another institution or have completed your master's degree, this is the application process for external applicants.
Single courses spring 2023
PHVIT9000 Health sciences I: Health and illness
- Subject coordinator: Ellen Karine Grov
- Time: Week 3
PHVIT9100 Health sciences II: Philosophy of science, research ethics and research methodology
- Subject coordinator: Elisabeth Krefting Bjelland
- Time: Week 7 og 10
PHVIT9300 Quantitative methods
- Subject coordinator: Milada Cvancarova Småstuen
- Time: Week 16 and 18 (17-21st of April and 2-5th of May)
PHVIT9550 Systematic reviews and metaanalyses
- Subject coordinator: Hilde Tinderholt Myrhaug
- Time: 7th and 9th of February, 14th and 16th of March, 11th and 13th of April
PHVIT9570 Needs led research
- Subject coordinator: Ida Svege
- Time: 23-24th of January, 13-14th of February and 28th of February
PHVIT9580 Theories and models for midwifery care
- Subject coordinator: Ellen Blix
- Time: 6-8th of March, 27-28th of March
PHVIT9520 Intervention design in health sciences
- Subject coordinator: Vibeke Telle-Hansen
- Time: Week 21
Changes may occur, please check the time schedule.
Single courses autumn 2022
PHVIT9510 Concept and Theory Development in Health Sciences
- Subject coordinator: Vibeke Lohne
- Time: Week 47
PHVIT9200 Qualitative Methods
- Subject coordinator: Anne Langaas
- Time: Week 41
PHVIT9530 Assessment and Methods of Measurement
- Subject coordinator: Cecilie Landmark
- Time: Week 45
PHVIT9540 Participation and Cooperation
- Subject coordinator: Per Koren Solvang
- Time: Week 48
PHVIT9560 Bioinformatics with emphasis on analysis of high throughput sequencing data
- Subject coordinator: Rune Andreassen
- Time: Week 44 og week 45
Changes may occur. Check the time schedule.
Time schedule for the autumn semester is published by June. Time schedule for the spring semester is published by December.
Course content overview
Please click into this overview to read about the course content.Optional course Spans multiple semesters
1st year of study
There are no tuition fees for the courses.