I work as a Career Counsellor and my main responsibility is to develop and implement HiOA’s career services:
• Carry out career counselling sessions, individually or in groups
• Develop and hold courses and give presentations within career-related topics
• Be an agent for a common meeting place for HiOA’s students and working life, e.g. through annual career fairs
• Contribute in the development and implementation of HiOA Career Services’ websites
• Communicate with students through social media
• Direct HiOA’s Counsellors’ Network for counsellors working within academic affairs
• Direct and participate in different development projects
As a career counsellor, I am especially interested in contributing to HiOA’s students acquiring career skills during their time as students so that they are able to handle their careers throughout their lives. I want to contribute to HiOA’s students achieving good self-knowledge and become confident in their own potentials, learn to see possibilities and make good career choices and acquire competence to make them able to handle situations where they have to make choices and the consequences of their choices.
I have a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from NTH (now NTNU), further education in Project Management from BI The Norwegian Business School and Career Counselling from Lillehammer University College. I also have further education from Erickson Coaching Nordic in the modules Appreciating Conversations, Professional Dialogues and Solution-Oriented and Systematic Coaching.
Administrative field of work
Publications and research
Innset, Bodil; Skumsnes, Anne (2011). Styrking av veilederkompetanse hos studieadministrativt ansatte ved HiOA. Rapport fra et utviklingsprosjekt. 22 p. OsloMet - storbyuniversitetet.