OsloMet Artificial Intelligence Lab (AI Lab) is a joint research centre for OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University and SimulaMet (simulamet.no) located in the heart of Oslo. The Department of Computer Science is the host of the centre located in Pilestredet 52 in Oslo.
The Applied Artificial Intelligence research group (AAI) took the initiative to the lab, which has members from many research groups at OsloMet and SimulaMet, and is at the forefront of artificial intelligence in Norway.
We have an interdisciplinary approach to the development of artificial intelligence that takes people and the society into account. The centre will contribute to a better coordination of research on artificial intelligence and facilitate collaboration with other environments.
The aims of OsloMet Artificial Intelligence Lab are to
- conduct ground-breaking research in the field of artificial intelligence
- educate students and the wider community on AI related subjects
- attract and develop human talent
- collaborate closely with the industry and the government
- foster collaborations on basic and applied research in artificial intelligence
- host presentations, meetings, conferences, courses and hackatons in the field of artificial intelligence
- be a center for all artificial intelligence related collaborations inside OsloMet
- represent OsloMet in Artificial Intelligence related events and communities
- be a partner for national and international groups and companies working on artificial intelligence.
Associated research groups
OsloMet Artificial Intelligence Lab consists of members from the following research groups and labs:
- Nordic Center for Sustainable and Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence (NordSTAR)
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Department of Machine Intelligence (simula.no)
- Autonomous Systems og Networks (ASN)
- ARIS – Automation, Robotics, and Intelligent Systems
- Mathematical Modelling
- Living Technology Lab (nichele.eu)
- Motion Analysis Laboratory
- Digital Innovation and Strategic Competence in Organizations (DISCO)
- Universal Design of ICT (UD-ICT)
- Art in Society
- Responsible Research and Innovation (wordpress.com)
- Design, Culture and Sustainability
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University, Oslo, Norway
Pilestredet 52, third floor, entrance A.
Contacts for the media and scientific cooperation – see people.