The project addresses how the spatial context in which people live during different stages of their lives shape their life prospects and socioeconomic outcomes.
The project “How do we provide better, safer and more cost-effective care pathways for older people?” is funded by The Research Council of Norway`s program HELSEVEL. Health Services Research Centre, Akershus University Hospital are the owner of the project. Dr. Jorun Rugkåsa is the project’s Principal Investigator.
The project is organized into four work packages (WP):
- Understanding and improving Municipal Acute Units
- Reducing Risks. An RCT of brief intervention for medication misuse
- Integration and interaction in dementia care: family caregivers’ perspectives
- The last pathway: palliative care in a multicultural society
All work packagess seek to incorporate the views of patients and their families.
Heidi Gautun, research professor at NOVA, will participate in an expert group (national and international researchers), and publish a meta-analysis, based on data from all the work packages, together with Rugkåsa. The main research object will be to record family caregivers experiences and views on cooperation between hospitals and local services for elderly people with complex needs.
Participants at OsloMet
- Health Services Research Centre, Akershus University Hospital