Friday 24 May, 10:00-11:00.
Title for trial lecture: “Ethnography and historical narratives: learning about the past during conflict in South Sudan”.
Friday 24 May, 12:00-15:00.
Title of thesis: "Selective memory for national unity: History education and civil war in newly independent South Sudan"
- First opponent: Researcher Dr. Jok Madut Jok, Institute for Global Health, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Second opponent: Senior Lecturer Dr. Julia Paulston, University of Bristol
- Leader of the committee: Professor Anne Birgitta Nilsen, Department of International Studies and Interpreting, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
- Main supervisor: Professor Anders Breidlid, Department of International Studies and Interpreting, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
- Co-supervisor:Professor Karolina Korostelina, George Mason University
- Leader of the defence: Professor /Vice-Dean of Research Halla Holmarsdottir,OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University