The project aims to give more women access to technology, digital skills and leadership positions. The ambition is also to promote justice and equality, as well as build capacity through multilateral partnerships and create smart, sustainable and inclusive social innovation ecosystems in local communities in the Global North and South.
The starting point of the project is to increase the participation of women in research and innovation in order to promote digital inclusion.
The project will help to build gender inclusive innovation ecosystems that can cultivate a new generation of female inventors. It will also address the economic, social and cultural roots of gender inequality that affect education, employment and social life.
More specifically, Equals EU will for example initiate 24 new start-ups led by women that may become innovators and leaders.
This requires bringing together diverse stakeholders to build capacity and forge new networks. These networks will produce available, accessible, affordable, useable, secure and sustainable information and communications technology (ICT) that is for everyone.
- Work Package 1 - Appraise Gender Equity Social Innovation Ecosystems. Lead beneficiary: Stockholm University. Caroline Wamala Larsson (Program Manager at the University of Stockholm, Head of the Research program at SPIDER)
- Work Package 2 - Create New Solutions for Gender Equity and Digital Inclusion. Lead beneficiary: Missions Publiques. Antoine Vergne (International Projects Manager at Missions Publiques)
- Work Package 3 - Transform Gender Inequity into Sustainable Social Impact. Lead beneficiary: GUDC-EU. Anne Igeltjørn (CEO at GUDC-EU).
- Work Package 4 - Exchange Knowledge and Transfer Technology for Gender Equity. Lead beneficiary: GSMA. Tamara Dancheva (International Relations Manager at GSMA).
- Work Package 5 - Communication, Dissemination and Exploitation. Lead beneficiary: AllDig.
- Oslo Metropolitan University (NO), Coordinator
- University of Stockholm (SE)
- Missions Publiques (FR)
- Global Universal Design Commission Europe (NO)
- GSM Association (UK)
- All Digital AISBL (BE)
- Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs (UA)
- Fondation Pour L’Institut De Hautes Etudes Internationales Et Du Developpement (CH)
- Latvijas Zinatnu Akademijas Ekonomikas Instituts Sia (LV)
- Universitat de Valencia (ES)
- Klinikum der Universitaet zu Koeln (DE)
- Middle East Technical University (TR)
- University of Haifa (IL)
- BLITAB Technology GmbH (AT)
- Havelsan Hava Elektronik Sanayi Ve Ticaret (TR)
- Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias kai Paidiou (EL)
- Intersection. Centre for Science and Innovation (RS)
- United Nations University (JP/CN)
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KR)