Our mission is to co-create intelligent and personalized interventions and inter-disciplinary and international research that facilitate care of individuals with musculoskeletal disorders and supports sustainable health care. CIM is one of five Excellent Academic Environments at Oslomet.
The scientific organization of the research in the CIM is divided in three Pillars, which are designed to form a translational trajectory from clinical research to implementation and dissemination of the innovative and effective interventions.
- Pillar 1: Epidemiology and clinical research (uni.oslomet.no).
- Pillar 2: Applied artificial intelligence research (uni.oslomet.no).
- Pillar 3: Personalized interventions and models of care (uni.oslomet.no).
In addition, we have established three topic groups that embrace all three research pillars. These are:
- Value-creation and research-based innovation
- User involvement group
- Dissemination and utilization
For more updates, please visit our blog.uni.oslomet.no/cim
The research group Musculoskeletal Health has a blog. Read about projects, publications and more on muskhealth.com.
- Adshoulder (muskhealth.com)
- Applying Artificial Intelligence in Developing Personalized and Sustainable Healthcare for Spinal Disorders (AID-Spine, part I)
- The Back Complaints in the Elders, Norway (BACE-N)
- Co-occurrent pain and psychological distress: From adolescence to adulthood
- Needs and expectations among individuals, health personnel, and stakeholders involved in occupation and health (Bridgebuilder project)
- ProLove (muskhealth.com)
Leader pillar 1
Leader pillar 2
Leader pillar 3
Zheng an Toh, PhD-student
Thor Einar Holmgard
Kjersti Storheim, Oslo University Hospital
John-Anker Zwart, Oslo University Hospital
Birgitta Öberg / Allan Abbott, Linkøping University
Robert James Froud, Warwick Clinical Trials Unit and Kristiania University College
Morten Goodwin, University of Agder
Jan Hartvigsen, University of Southern Denmark in Odense
Paul Jarle Mork, NTNU
Tore Solberg, Nord University
Danielle Van der Windt, Keele University
Partners, networks and external board
Core collaborating partners and networks
- Oslo University Hospital, research unit for musculoskeletal disorders (FORMI): professor John-Anker Zwart and professor Kjersti Storheim.
- MUSS research network & Nordic MSK research network.
External Scientific board
Allan Abbott, Associate Professor, Department of Health, Medicine and Caring Sciences (HMV), Division of Prevention, Rehabilitation and Community Medicine (PRNV), Linköping, Sweden
Robert James Froud, Professor, Institute of Health Sciences, Kristiania University College, Oslo, Norway / Warwick Clinical Trials Unit, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, UK
Morten Goodwin, Professor, Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research, Department of ICT, University of Agder, Grimstad, Norway / Faculty of Technology, Art and Design, Oslo Metropolitan University, Oslo, Norway
Jan Hartvigsen, Professor, Department of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Paul Jarle Mork, Professor, Department of Public Health and Nursing, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Tore Solberg, Professor, Department of Neurosurgery and The Norwegian Registry for Spine Surgery (NORspine), University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway/ Institute for Clinical Medicine, The Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Kjersti Storheim, Professor, Research and Communication Unit for Musculoskeletal Health (FORMI), Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway / Department of Physiotherapy, Oslo Metropolitan University, Oslo, Norway
Danielle Van der Windt, Professor, Research Institute for Primary Care and Health Sciences, Keele University, Keele, UK
John-Anker Zwart, Professor, Department of Research, Innovation and Education, Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Birgitta Öberg, Professor, Department of Health, Medicine and Caring Sciences (HMV), Division of Prevention, Rehabilitation and Community Medicine (PRNV), Linköping, Sweden