This group is multi-disciplinary, comprising mostly sociologists, anthropologists and psychologists. Empirical research on adolescents is based on local and regional qualitative and quantitative studies, as well as national representative surveys. Main research topics are youth culture and leisure activities, school adjustment, transitions from school to employment, alcohol and drug use, delinquency and conduct problems, intergenerational relations and issues concerning ethnicity and the multi-cultural society.
Head of Research Group
- DARE - Dialogue on Radicalisation and Equality (hioa.no)
- Inequality in Youth (hioa.no)
- Participation in Sports among Norwegian Youth (hioa.no)
- Parenting in Ethnic and Religious Minority Contexts in Norway (hioa.no)
- Unpacking the Modern Working Class (hioa.no)
- What Characterizes Adolescents Attending Municipal Youth Clubs in Terms of Well-being? (hioa.no)